Spurs (H) - Post-Match Thread

Crazy over reaction here, every campaign has a result like this and every team does but for City they are few and far between hence City are top. As good as City are they aint going to win every game, 6 points clear is a great position to be in. Plus for me today was Mahraz, to come on late in the game to put away a peno was top class and is vital in the coming weeks we now have a peno taker we can fully rely upon. The players will be far more hurting than we are and will put this minor blip right very quickly. Although games like this show the need for a natural finisher in the team, games like this badly need this.

What will get lost in the aftermath here is that we actually played really well and dominated a limited team.

Not for the first time against this lot we were just too cavalier, leaving loads of gaps for them to counter attack and be ridiculously dangerous. The defence needs to take a long hard look at itself tonight, just not good enough.

We play the same way every fucking time against them, and they regularly profit from it.
Come on man, they scored 3 from open play, had 1 chalked off and should've gone 3 - 1 but for a rare Ederson point blank save.

They had our number today, sat back and broke at speed cutting right through us.

Hopefully a 1 off but that left side of ours was wide open in the first half, ridiculous.

Having said that, the fuckin cheating Time wasting sitting down bollocks again really did not help us.

Has to be Dias and Stones in the middle it's a no brainer.

Well that performance pissed on my chips good and proper.
Spurs are susceptible to crosses into the box. so we cross into the box. But we don't have any fucker capable of beating a defender in the air.
Lloris made two good saves. That's it - two good saves. We should have been making him work all game.
Yes, Spurs are time-wasting, injury-feigning twats of the first order and Alty Taylor should have done more with his cards, but the bottom line is we were fucking awful.
And don't go on about the league table. This is a post-match thread: why can't some of you tossers understand that.
And as for the "dippers will drop points mob" well I hope you're right, particularly when they play us, but I'm fairly sure that in another universe, a dipperverse possibly, those phlegm chucking Muppets were saying "City will drop points" as we ended the 2018-19 season with fourteen straight wins.
And my trainers were leaking on a par with our defence. Squelch, fucking squelch.

Well we play a false 9 without a striker and your ‘best side’ plays an out and out number nine (Jesus) and as a consequence KDB one of our regulars does not make the side. Hence I made the comparison.
Yeah ok, just thought recently Phil has played the false 9 position hence my comment.

He was allowed to do whatever he wanted. Dropping deep unmarked to play killer through balls to breaking runners who weren’t being tracked

had a hand in the first goal, scored two and could have scored four

best game he’ll have all season and we did fuck all to stop him
He was superb but Pep should have sorted that out by changing the tactics but it didn’t appear that he did. I think there was a bit of arrogance from us today. Just need to turn up and we win. A bad day at the office.

Cancelo - amazing season, shit his knickers today
Rodders- amazing season, blobbed it today
Kdb- best player ever to wear the shirt, awful today
Sterling- looked liked a worldy again lately, looked lost today
Foden- is he out of position or just hit a bit of a wall he’ll get over.
dias- just not looking quite as strong. Does he need stones?

i could go on. But the absolute reason for today was that lack of top striker. See kane , 3 chances, 3 taken. Convince me otherwise …. Go

Bad day at the back. Ederson saved the only one he could, but from there we looked ragged.

Walker: AKWAYS tries to body the attacker. Kane just too good for him on the 3rd goal. Pathetic defending.

Cancelo: Gave the ball away too much trying to thread the needle and gave up on the second. Kane comes in behind Laporte and Cancelo let’s him go. Not a great defender, but an excellent player.

Dias & Rodri: Poor in first half, better in second half.

Dias: Poor defensive header that could have easily gone back to Ederson, especially if he’d left it to Walker. Whether Walker called or not, who knows?!

Midfield players played attack all game, which made Spurs’ quick transitions so dangerous. Thought KDB was immense. Fought for everything and played angry, but just no room for the killer pass. Gundo was SO unfortunate with his top bins shot. Lloris will not make a better save this season. Rodri perked up in second half after being very wasteful in first half.

Forwards did what they could with little to no room to maneuver.

Thought the game was crying out for Delap in the last 10 minutes, given we were just pumping the ball in and have apparently decided that no matter how congested the box, we aren’t going to have a crack from the edge of the box!

Next two PL games are doozies!!

Pep seems to not like putting on any young player unless we comfortably winning don’t know why maybe he doesn’t want to knock there confidence.

We fucking won the game 5-0 on Tuesday.

I'm talking about when we are up against it.
He bought mahrez on, pretty effective change if you ask me. Funny how brilliant his squad rotation is when all goes well. Admit it we were up against a savvy couch who happened to have two fabulous strikers one of which had a blinder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.