Spurs thread 2014-2015

Inter Me Nan said:
Crouchinho said:
I was happy to get Sheffield United in the cup, the tie will be a lot easier than Liverpool (who would probably beat us) and Chelsea who always beat us. I still don't think the tie will be easy, through the years loads of clubs have ruffled our feathers in the cup
I think you'll go through.

I hope so! Whoever does go through it will all be about Rodgers or Jose anyway rather than Spurs or Sheff UTD!

Crouchinho said:
Inter Me Nan said:
Crouchinho said:
I was happy to get Sheffield United in the cup, the tie will be a lot easier than Liverpool (who would probably beat us) and Chelsea who always beat us. I still don't think the tie will be easy, through the years loads of clubs have ruffled our feathers in the cup

I hope so! Whoever does go through it will all be about Rodgers or Jose anyway rather than Spurs or Sheff UTD!
If you do go through who would you prefer in the final?

Inter Me Nan said:
Crouchinho said:
Inter Me Nan said:

If you do go through who would you prefer in the final?

Liverpool! We did beat Chelsea a few years back in the league cup but we had a stronger side then, we did boss a lot of the game against them recently but the quality they had at the right time was just too good. We were in total control then a bit of Hazard magic in the space of 5 minutes it was game over

Livepool's defence is as awful as ours, even though Liverpool fans will tell you Mingolet is the best goalie in the league, Jose Enrique is the best full back in the world and Lovren was a steal. Even though they stuffed us at the Lane again, I'm sure we'd give them more of a game than we could Chelsea

Best thing we did this season is drop Adebayor and Kaboul. About as useful as an old BBC computer

Prestwich_Blue said:
I posted this in the Liverpool thread, as it was on the RAWK Manchester City thread, but this was posted by a Spurs fan on there. Read and laugh:
Man City got bought out around the same time spurs broke in to the top 4 for the first time, beating them Man City to it. The next year we finished 5th with you ahead, without man city being bought we would have finished 4th, in the champions league again. The next year we finished 4th with you ahead of us and got knocked out by Chelsea winning the CL. If you hadn't had your money we would have been third and safe, CL for the 3rd year in a row. The next year we finished fifth on one of the highest point tallies to have not earned 4th or better, once again you finished ahead of us and once again if you were not there we would have finished in the champions league spot. That would have been 4 years of champions league (provided we qualified through the playoffs) for a football club operating on close to zero net spend in terms of transfers, earning their place in the exact way you claim would have been impossible. Hmmmmm.
Hmmmm I seem to remember they hit the jackpot by having an incredibly talented player who carried them on his own... Guess what happened when he's gone? Quick google check shows that they finished 6th last season and that was with the rags went awol.

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152612606653505&set=p.10152612606653505&type=2&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10 ... =2&theater</a>

spurs tunnel cam.
other clubs are starting to make these...

B5TvPNDCIAAQUv_.jpg:large

Things are looking up for them. A bunch of good young hard working home grown players. They should also have some money to spend if they get rid of the dead weight and reduce the wages. Nice to see the likes of Kane and Mason doing well. Even if they don't finish in the top 6, they should stick with the manager.

supercrystal7 said:
Things are looking up for them. A bunch of good young hard working home grown players. They should also have some money to spend if they get rid of the dead weight and reduce the wages. Nice to see the likes of Kane and Mason doing well. Even if they don't finish in the top 6, they should stick with the manager.

They're doing really well now, sling Bentaleb in there too and Townsend can come off the bench to make an impact. In the past few seasons we've had some good ones come through, it never used to be like that. King, Campbell and maybe Luke Young were the only standout ones for me before that. The past few seasons we had Caulker who was pretty decent but got sold, Tom Carroll has been loaned out and Alex Pritchard is doing well on loan and an exciting prospect, I think Ponch may bring him back for next season, that's if Levy doesn't give him the chop

14 in 22 in all competitions (excluding England U21's) for Harry Kane this season.

I am intrigued to see if he can keep consistent in the second half of the season because now he looks to have got a run going in the league he could be on his way to a nice figure in all competitions this season.

Fair play to him, it's nice to see a new young English striker break through, we need more!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.