Spurs thread 2014-2015

aguero93:20 said:
JimB said:
aguero93:20 said:
From BBC Sportsday;

Poor lad.
Levy won't be pleased.

Quite the opposite. Levy will be very pleased that Hamed and his family will be getting the compensation that they deserve and need.

Ever since the heart attack, Spurs have been looking after Hamed and his family. It wasn't until 2012 that the family finally decided to make the malpractice claim. And now that the case has been concluded, they will no longer have to rely on the club's help. The insurance money (to be paid by the doctors' public liability insurers rather than the club's employer's liability insurers) will give them everything they need, and more, for the future.

If so then fair dues to Spurs, that's great to hear. It was just a tongue in cheek comment about Levy being a tightarse, as I'm sure you're aware.
Of course it was. We believe you.

dawlish dave said:
Honest question for Spurs fans on here. Any move yet on the rebuilt WHL, its my view that if they don't get started soon then its possible that West Ham United will be in the Olympic stadium and on their way to becoming a major player in the capitals football. Please don't tell me how big a club Spurs are, look no further than Chelsea to see what money can do. WHU will be looked on as a club worth investing in once they move to the new ground, Sullivan and Gold are not fools, plus don't forget Spurs were hoping to get the Olympic site.

West Ham will definitely be in the Olympic stadium before Spurs complete their new stadium. And I certainly expect them to become a bigger player as a consequence. The question is, though, will they become a big enough player. According to the latest Deloitte money league, West Ham's turnover is some £45m less than Spurs'. And whilst their finances will undoubtedly improve for moving to the Olympic stadium, I don't think they will come close to bridging the gap.

- They will have a bigger capacity but, in order to utilise it with any regularity, they will have to offer many tickets at significantly reduced prices.
- For all the money that has been and is being spent on the Olympic stadium, it will still have comparatively few corporate seats - only a little over 3000, I believe. That's the same as the current White Hart Lane and about a third the number of such seats at the Emirates.
- West Ham will only receive a small proportion of the naming rights deal.
- They will receive no money from catering concessions at the stadium - even when West Ham are playing.
- They will receive no income from non West Ham events at the stadium.
- The stadium itself will offer a compromised experience. Even with the retractable seating in the forward position, the gap between the pitch and stands will still be large compared to a properly designed, football specific stadium. Furthermore, there will be huge gaps between the upper and lower tiers on three sides of the stadium. This will not encourage repeat attendance for any but the already committed.

Meanwhile, as and when Spurs move into their new stadium, their revenues will likely put them out of West Ham's reach again.

Many West Ham fans seem to be putting their faith in this move as a catalyst to attracting a billionaire backer such as your own. But unless or until FFP is scrapped or rendered toothless, the window for that kind of buyer has all but disappeared. It seems to be wishful thinking on their part.

Bad result yesterday, if I was still a young lad I'd be a lot more gutted. I don't know if that's a sign of getting older or losing passion for the game? Hopefully just getting older and used to it!!

I thought we played very well first half, unlucky with Eriksen not to score from the freekick and it was a brilliant run from Kane. A silly freekick to give away and sloppiness in the box cost us, after that we never really looked like scoring. We went on a little run with ten minutes to go but it was too little too late. Bentaleb for me was our best player he was everywhere.

The ref certainly favoured Chelsea in the match, he gave them almost all the 50/50's, even Costa was getting special treatment

I've not looked at the odds for the teams getting third and fourth but at this moment in time you'd have to fancy Arsenal and Liverpool. United, Southampton and us having a chance too. I didn't really expect us to make the top 4, but with no Europe now we can get more rest and hopefully push them all the way

Crouchinho said:
Bad result yesterday, if I was still a young lad I'd be a lot more gutted. I don't know if that's a sign of getting older or losing passion for the game? Hopefully just getting older and used to it!!

I thought we played very well first half, unlucky with Eriksen not to score from the freekick and it was a brilliant run from Kane. A silly freekick to give away and sloppiness in the box cost us, after that we never really looked like scoring. We went on a little run with ten minutes to go but it was too little too late. Bentaleb for me was our best player he was everywhere.

The ref certainly favoured Chelsea in the match, he gave them almost all the 50/50's, even Costa was getting special treatment

I've not looked at the odds for the teams getting third and fourth but at this moment in time you'd have to fancy Arsenal and Liverpool. United, Southampton and us having a chance too. I didn't really expect us to make the top 4, but with no Europe now we can get more rest and hopefully push them all the way

You lost to 2 deflected goals.

At least everyone in your team put a shift in which is mire than can be said for our lot earlier in the day.

Pochettino has done a great job so far IMO.

A cup final with Kane, Mason, Towsend, Bentaleb and Rose all starting. 5 homegrown players that came through their academy, very impressive.

I think in the next 18 months Spurs will become a really good team. These young players will improve and Pochettino should make be able to make good signings to replace the rubbish (Adebayor, Soldado, Paulinho, etc).

CityFan94 said:
Pochettino has done a great job so far IMO.

A cup final with Kane, Mason, Towsend, Bentaleb and Rose all starting. 5 homegrown players that came through their academy, very impressive.

I think in the next 18 months Spurs will become a really good team. These young players will improve and Pochettino should make be able to make good signings to replace the rubbish (Adebayor, Soldado, Paulinho, etc).

funny how the players you've mentioned are some of there best players. They spent millions on average players like soldado and adebayor, when they could have just used there academy. Id mention Dier swell who has been brilliant at CB

chabal said:
Crouchinho said:

At least everyone in your team put a shift in which is mire than can be said for our lot earlier in the day.

Yep a bit unlucky with the goals being deflections, but the first one could have easily been dealt with I think. I was pretty proud of how we played and wasn't as gutted as losing the last few semis we've been in. We Didn't give up.

I missed the City game I was in bed, I've downloaded the highlights and give it a watch soon, not a great result for you or Spurs. Normally I always say they'll be a few twists and turns come the end of the season but not sure Chelsea will slip up 3 times. Fingers crossed either way!!

Crouchinho said:
chabal said:
Crouchinho said:

Yep a bit unlucky with the goals being deflections, but the first one could have easily been dealt with I think. I was pretty proud of how we played and wasn't as gutted as losing the last few semis we've been in. We Didn't give up.

I missed the City game I was in bed, I've downloaded the highlights and give it a watch soon, not a great result for you or Spurs. Normally I always say they'll be a few twists and turns come the end of the season but not sure Chelsea will slip up 3 times. Fingers crossed either way!!
I wouldn't bother!

Any chance Spurs can at least draw at the Swamp next weekend? They're still in the chase for 4th too, so they shouldn't mail it in right? I hope the team will be rested and healthy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.