Spurs thread 2014-2015

sam-caddick said:
Armaan said:
Been watching Kane a lot recently and can't rave enough about the lad. He looks slow for some reason but he's reasonably quick. Brilliant first touch and his dribbling and intelligence is class too. Really likeable guy and hope he gets the golden boot this season.

I like watching Kane and always cheer when he scores for Spurs as I feel a proud Englishman.

His real test is next season though, if he can repeat and hopefully better this season then that will confirm him as the real deal and maybe teams like Real Madrid etc... will start taking notice.

Kevin Phillips had that one off season so it's always in the back of England fans minds of it happening again with Kane, hopefully not though.
As did Andros Townsend. Or, closer to home, Stephen Ireland. Top notch players do it season after season. Next season will be the test for Kane. Has to be said though, he's taking care of business this season.

jimharri said:
sam-caddick said:
Armaan said:
Been watching Kane a lot recently and can't rave enough about the lad. He looks slow for some reason but he's reasonably quick. Brilliant first touch and his dribbling and intelligence is class too. Really likeable guy and hope he gets the golden boot this season.

I like watching Kane and always cheer when he scores for Spurs as I feel a proud Englishman.

His real test is next season though, if he can repeat and hopefully better this season then that will confirm him as the real deal and maybe teams like Real Madrid etc... will start taking notice.

Kevin Phillips had that one off season so it's always in the back of England fans minds of it happening again with Kane, hopefully not though.
As did Andros Townsend. Or, closer to home, Stephen Ireland. Top notch players do it season after season. Next season will be the test for Kane. Has to be said though, he's taking care of business this season.
He seems to have that top notch touch to his game though for me. The way a player controls a ball, moves with it, picks a pass... He looks to have it all. Really hope he proves to be a worldie though will be nice to have one again.

Armaan said:
jimharri said:
sam-caddick said:

He seems to have that top notch touch to his game though for me. The way a player controls a ball, moves with it, picks a pass... He looks to have it all. Really hope he proves to be a worldie though will be nice to have one again.

There has been so much to admire about him this season but what makes me think that it isn't a flash in the pan is that, of all the qualities he has displayed, perhaps the most impressive has been the sheer amount of work he gets through every game (and, by all accounts, on the training field). He doesn't appear to be the type who'll fall for his own hype.

I have no idea how he's going to perform next season, I'm loving how he's playing right now. Agree ^ about the workrate, the fella is running over 10km every game putting in a shift, so if he does go through a dry patch seeing him put in tonnes of effort will be still good enough, we are lucky we have others to score goals in the team!

JimB said:
Armaan said:
jimharri said:

There has been so much to admire about him this season but what makes me think that it isn't a flash in the pan is that, of all the qualities he has displayed, perhaps the most impressive has been the sheer amount of work he gets through every game (and, by all accounts, on the training field). He doesn't appear to be the type who'll fall for his own hype.

Seems level headed which is a good sign for continued progress

Crouchinho said:
I have no idea how he's going to perform next season, I'm loving how he's playing right now. Agree ^ about the workrate, the fella is running over 10km every game putting in a shift, so if he does go through a dry patch seeing him put in tonnes of effort will be still good enough, we are lucky we have others to score goals in the team!
Indeed you are!

;-)

We'll give you 15m plus Fernando and Sagna for Kane and Eriksen. Deal?

jimharri said:
Crouchinho said:
Indeed you are!

;-)

We'll give you 15m plus Fernando and Sagna for Kane and Eriksen. Deal?

Only If we can have Aguero and Silva for Capoue, Kaboul, Adebayor and Vorm!

Abysmal display from Spurs, we've done well there lately too. First half is the worst I've seen us in donkeys years, second half they sat back and still we didn't cause them any problems whatsoever.

Our full backs are always prone to an error, it's quite clear they wanted to exploit that, they found miles of space down our right hand side. I thought Ponch done the right thing and made a sub to try and control the midfield but it was too little too late.

The amount of fixtures we've had lately hasn't helped, but they did have a nice break before this match. I think with City losing United were so fired up and came out all guns blazing, we just didn't expect that at all. Fellani and Carrick easily bossed Mason and Bentaleb, I thought it would be the other way around today. The third goal was a diabolical goal to concede, I think if we go in at half time 2-0 there is a small chance we can cause them problems but they let shredded wheat head have as many lucky bounces as possible

I don't think there is any hope of Spurs making top 4 now, without looking at the odds I bet we are close to 16-1. United have a tough run up though so it's either the or Liverpool for me. Arsenal keep beating the mid-table to lower league teams with ease

I'm just shocked with how poor we played, we've turned over Arsenal and Chelsea but looked like the old Spurs v United today

piss poor today them cockney c*nts nearly as piss poor as newcastle last week!! JESUS why do teams still roll over for them red bastards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.