Spurs Vs City Post Match Thread

regardless of the offside claims, all of their goals could have been avoided if players were in the right defensive positions. Walker after offside, but we gave it away with a crap clearance that led to the shot, Willy was never getting to that ball, and the 4th goal ... DeMike and Fernando jogging back ... shameful.

the problem is Ive never been inspired by him...even when we are playing well we have always looked on a knife's edge away from falling apart.....MP has never ever in all his time here got the balance of the team right and his gun ho tactics most of the time have us living on that knife edge.......and then today he plays a more solid line up and then proceeds to nullify both yay and KDB

This is where I am most of the time. We start a game with an outstanding eleven (to quote Brenda) and we play some stonking stuff, but every time we allow the oppos into our half, me heart's in me mouth!

regardless of the offside claims, all of their goals could have been avoided if players were in the right defensive positions. Walker after offside, but we gave it away with a crap clearance that led to the shot, Willy was never getting to that ball, and the 4th goal ... DeMike and Fernando jogging back ... shameful.

Surely if they are offside we are in the correct position

On another day we would have taken something from that. Scandalous offside goal got them back in the game. I thought they played us well in the second half and we were poor. Despite the fact we were lacking our spine of joe, vinnie, yaya, silva you would have looked to Martin, de Bruyne, Sergio, and nasri to really step up. Sadly that just didn't happen. We haven't become a bad team overnight though and hopefully Merlin, joe, Kompany will all be back for wednesday and I think we will win in Germany. Far too soon to write off pellegrini based on that result today. De Bruyne showed us he is human and needs time to gel into the team.

We should have had that game won by half time, played very well for 40 minutes, but yet again failed to take our chances. The 3 yards offside goal didn't help, but the second half performance was unacceptable, the only player to come out of the game with any credit for me was Fernando, who went about his job well, and Sagna was OK, the rest fell apart when Yaya had gone off.

I hope they turn up on Wednesday night, its become a very big game now, lose that and we're struggling badly in europe.

I don't think anyone can blame our players today, refereeing decisions like the one for Tottenham's first goal are ludicrous in this day and age with the technology available. That decision wasn't poor, that was so blatant it can only be classed as cheating and yet again we're on the wrong end of it. If such blatant cheating like that doesn't demoralise you then you're not human, it changes the whole complex of the game. We were chasing the first goal and when we got it, we could play and conserve energy while Tottenham chased the game, then suddenly were back in a position of having to chase the game again through no fault of our own. Decisions like today, the one United got against Southampton and the Costa staying on against Arsenal last week decide titles, it's disgusting blatant and so predictable after the "City could win the title by January" headlines, can't beat us fairly then cheat.

That's not a knee jerk reaction, it's just pure frustration that the game we all love is corrupt, from FIFA down to UEFA down to the FA. Bent as fuck.

Hart
Zabba
Kompany
Mangala
Kolarov
Fernandinho
Yaya
De Bruyne
Sterling
Silva
Aguero

That team batters ANYONE in the league!

Today we were missing 4 of them players in our most important positions! Goalkeeper and defense! Keep the faith blues, we WILl be back on form soon!!!

Really disappointing but i don't go along with the lack of effort/players don't care brigade. They are professionals and want to win. Fair enough to question the mentality though, who knows how it affects players when goals follow dodgy decisions, it must be hard to stay switched on in that moment.

Fine margins too, de Bruyne plays the pass he intended and similar to the opener we turn defense into attack. At the very least we don't concede to a shot that nine times out of ten the player will hit wide or in to a man, at best we race upfield and take a two goal lead in to half time.

I'm not optimistic for Wednesday at all, expect us to turn over Newcastle but that will only confirm what I'm beginning to believe that we are flat track bullies who can't handle a challenge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.