Spurs Vs City Post Match Thread

We should have had that game won by half time, played very well for 40 minutes, but yet again failed to take our chances. The 3 yards offside goal didn't help, but the second half performance was unacceptable, the only player to come out of the game with any credit for me was Fernando, who went about his job well, and Sagna was OK, the rest fell apart when Yaya had gone off.

I hope they turn up on Wednesday night, its become a very big game now, lose that and we're struggling badly in europe.

Missing chances when we are on top is killing us and putting us under unnecessary pressure even when we do win.I thought we would struggle up front this season if Kun is injured or off form we are too light there.Bony i don't think is going to work for us,our system and Sterling isn't a goalscorer,that leaves the young lad who is still learning his trade.

It was disappointing to find yesterday that David would not play and to-day the news that Joe and Vinnie would not play was a blow, but our squad is deep enough to cope and I was convinced that we would put in a performance and come away with the three points. The first half hour was reassurance indeed and the goal was devastatingly good football. I thought claims that KdB was offside were wrong and I still believe that the slo-mo replays prove it. As half time approached our play seemed to lose its crispness but I still couldn't see any other outcome than a comfortable City win. Then everything began to go wrong.

Spurs' equaliser resulted from a bad pass in a dangerous area which was thumped in off a post with a shot of the hit hard and hope harder variety. The ball was only in play because the linesman had failed to see, from a perfect position that the lad who had crossed the ball was actually offside by 2 or 3 yards. City had held the 18 yard line, as they always do and this makes it easier for the linesmen, but not in this case. The real damage though was not limited to letting the goal stand. Demichelis was sufficiently unnerved to argue his way into the book as the players left the field. What had unnerved him was not just the margin of error but the fact that the goal had been by no means the first error made. Holding the line as City do requires the officials not to make obvious errors. In the second half City had no faith in the officials, especially after yet another mistake allowed Spurs' third to stand. The main element in City's defensive strategy was too risky to use and we looked all at sea at the back. This spread forward and our ability to launch rapid counterattack so from deep was nowhere to be seen. Losing Toure only made this more obvious. We looked a disorganised rabble and, thanks to the officials, we were.

We didn't lose because Pellegrini isn't an inspirational manager or because most of our players are "shit" or any of the other angry myths pushed by angry, panic stricken fans on here. So many important errors were extreme provocation, but City have to learn to keep their discipline and keep playing, even in such circumstances.

2 clearly offside and shouldn't have stood and one a howler from the keeper which no manager in the world can account for.
giphy.gif

Missing chances when we are on top is killing us and putting us under unnecessary pressure even when we do win.I thought we would struggle up front this season if Kun is injured or off form we are too light there.Bony i don't think is going to work for us,our system and Sterling isn't a goalscorer,that leaves the young lad who is still learning his trade.

....And is also injured. It ALL comes back to that. The injuries are not coincidence or bad luck. They result from a problem that is derailing our season. Fix THAT and we get back on track, but I do not see any evidence that the club even thinks there is something amiss with the medical staff or training regime or warm up routines. But something is not right it is as plain as day.

1. Grisly period is yet to come - around Christmas and beyond !
    As far as one can see from last five years, this (Aug, Sep, Oct, and let's say even Nov) was always the best period for the team, while period around and after the Christmas was inevitably very bleak, like depressive winter day, spell in which team was always in the most dire form-&-result straits (Jan in particular) - so, if this continues, huh then, could they span one horrendous period to another approaching, which is for the team traditionally dismal !?

2. They paid for that 18 years old unknown teenager, Patrick Roberts, 12 millions !?! Isn't that more then what they are asking for clubs' two experienced and proven strikers, respectively (Jovetic 10mil. & Dzeko 11mil.).

Can't work out whether this and pre-season is the real us, or the opening few games. Silva obviously helps us control the tempo but Toure can do a job too so was surprised he wasn't in the 2 in front of our defence.

For all the good players we've signed we've always seemed to be only able to win one way. Not often we play shit and win.

Hart
Zabba
Kompany
Mangala
Kolarov
Fernandinho
Yaya
De Bruyne
Sterling
Silva
Aguero

That team batters ANYONE in the league!

Today we were missing 4 of them players in our most important positions! Goalkeeper and defense! Keep the faith blues, we WILl be back on form soon!!!

Add Messi and Ronaldo to that and we won't beat anyone if linos are not looking at what is going on, or so pisspoor at what they are doing that they can't flag an offside that is five yards from the tip of their proboscis!

I await the backroom boys at BT or the BBC to adjust the frames so that Walker is onside by a good yard!!

Well, I waited before coming on here as I was blazing at full time, what can I say but that was total dog shit. The offside decisions certainly influenced the game but if we want to win this league we need to be able to cope with these setbacks. I can also accept that we are being destroyed with injuries at the moment, along with everyone else on here i can see no justification in not playing Hart. With Joe in goal today we don't concede the second crucial goal. With the spine of our team gone then there is even less reason to rest Joe. The only positives i can find from today were the performances of Fernando and KDB.

Silva being injured disrupts our complete game but for me the two things the last couple of league games have highlighted are just how much we miss Mangala ( never thought i would write that last season) and that we have to find an alternative way to utilise Sterling.

Regarding Yaya let's see how this hamstring injury turns out. For me he just wasn't up for it at all today.

The problem we have now is that Aguero just isn't firing at all, i doubt he is anything like fit but as we have no other options he is having to try playing through the discomfort his is obviously suffering. We are just not clinical enough at the moment.

We always struggle without a few of our big 5 (Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Aguero) in the team.

With Hart, Kompany and Silva out for a game at a tough away ground, I was a little worried. I thought we really missed Hart and Kompany's leadership at the back today. The defence was shambolic at times and I don't think our back four and goalkeeper are bad players, but there was a lack of leadership.

Willy seems to make a mistake every game he plays, I'm not a fan of him at all. Why on earth is he taking up a foreign spot in our squad? Today's defeat wasn't just his fault, but his goalkeeping for the second goal was League Two standard at best. Never seen anything from him to show me that he's commanding enough for the Premier League.

We need to work harder off the ball as a team, I've said this for nearly 18 months. Compare Tottenham's pressing to ours in the second half - night and day.

I think we've got the quality to run away with this league, but we won't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.