Spurs Vs City Post Match Thread

explain the 4 goals then?
2 were so clearly offside it's not even debateable, the other 2 can easily be attributed to the team being unbalanced due to chasing the game because of the two completely inexplicable refereeing decisions.

Hart

Sagna Kompany Mangala Kolarov

Played: 5

Goals conceded: 0

Caballero

Sagna Otamendi Demichelis Kolarov

Played: 2

Goals conceded : 5

Spot the difference?

Combine that with a totally out-of-sorts Sergio — he hasn't played this cluelessly for us since he arrived, kept running into blind alleys today, never seen him do that before — and seek no further. Yes, when you lose 4-1, it means the whole team has played poorly, more or less. But some are more culpable than others.

Here's the thing. As far as I could see, nobody particularly noticed this the other night, because we ran out 4-1 winners against the poorest side we or anybody else will meet this year. Sunderland's goal. Ok, the team had gone, collectively, on holiday, in the second half. I know that. It was visible. But what leaves a bad taste in my mouth was the way Demichelis completely lets his man go, and furthermore, doesn't seem particularly bothered about it when he scores. If you're a defender, you should be bothered about it. You should always be angry about losing a clean sheet.

Forget about the goals today. OK, we can talk about that outrageous first goal of Spurs, but a sharper eyed linesman could have flagged ours offside as well. Let's assume, then, the linesman was blind, for the sake of argument. Cancel out their other offside goal, from the free kick. That still leaves Spurs as 2-0 winners.

Time and again, today, even apart from the goals — two unnecessary free kicks conceded — both Otamendi and Demichelis looked completely panicked. They weren't just beaten, they were skinned, over and over. If that's the top defender in La Liga, I'd be curious to see what the second top defender's like. As for DeMichelis. He looks cool and ok when he's got time. But he truly hates it when he's got nippy young players rushing at him. But let's have it right: he wasn't playing Messi out there today. Yet time and again, he looked flustered.

Caballero. Well, about all you can say is that he's our second keeper. Very clearly. He looked ok, until he was tested. Brilliant block on Spurs' first goal, nothing he can do about the second strike. Fair do's. But then he goes and completely ruins it on that free kick.

The truth is that even in our best period — the first half hour — the defence dlooked suspect. I'll admit it, I kept thinking that to myself.

The anti-Navas brigade will be out again, but I really think there's not much to say there. He does what he does, he is what he is. He works hard. He takes one extra touch, sometimes two, on every single cross in he has to make, which means that his full back has time to set himself up for the block, more often than not. He is not a game changer, and we know it. I don't blame him at all for what happened today. He wasn't going to turn the game around.

Finally, I'm well aware that four out of the five defenders (counting Joe) that conceded none for the first five matches played in the West Ham game. Sorry, but as I saw the two, that game bore no relation to this. West Ham took two chances very sharply; granted, they should have been closed down. They then shut up shop for the rest of the game, defended like lions, and did it effectively.

The defence was all over the place today. That dispiritedness filtered up right through the team, and nobody looked much good by the end of the match. We started losing fifty-fifty balls in midfield that we'd been winning in the first thirty minutes. We started losing everything in the air. Although I still think that De Bruyne — who by the high standards he's already set, was relatively ordinary — did the classiest things on the pitch.

By God but what wouldn't I give for — not an injury-free season, I'm not asking for miracles. Just what seems to be a normal injury roster for most other teams. Seven matches in and we are absolutely littered with injuries.

Give me this team, if only for seven to ten matches in a row. Pleeeeeaaase, someone up there!

Hart

Sagna (or Zab) Kompany Mangala Kolarov (or Clichy)

Yaya Fernandinho

De Bruyne Silva Sterling

Aguero

Typical City always making things difficult for ourselves. We can never just win a league by far but always have to have a mid season melt down a few times. After all the money we spent and players we have it's a fucking disgrace!

Unlucky raggy, you almost slipped under the radar there. Bye bye.

giphy.gif

Would love to see how our injuries compare to other top sides , we apppear to have at least seven of our 1st team squad unavailable every matchday , today, Hart , Vinnie , mangala , clichy , silva , bony , iheanacho then zabs and nasri not match fit and yaya goes of injured . Are we just unlucky or are the medical team and the training to blame , most of the injuries are invariably , muscles , calf , hamstring etc etc . Take Bony as an example 2 seasons at swansea and you can count on one hand the games he missed through injury ,the he signs for us , and he picks up one injury after another , something drastically wrong at the club , and needs further investigation. As for the performance today , just too many players missing , the spine of our team Hart , Vinny , Yaya , Silva are replaceable as individuals , but when all four are missing its a big ask , no matter how much money we spend a squad can only cope with a certain amount of injuries.But congrats to spuds they rode their luck took the offside goals well , and kicked us off the ball when needed , surprised only 5 got booked , but the ref and linesman didnt have a good day.

This team needs someone like Pep that values possession football. The problem is that you have too many talented players to be settling for a gung-ho attacking approach to the game. You can blame Demechelis all you want for the third goal but if Sterling learns to stop losing possession you won't find yourself in a situation where there's a strong chance of you committing a foul during a counter attack. Play the ball on the ground and make it work for you and not the other way around.

I was at work,so didn't watch or listen to it, when I first saw the team I thought he was chancing it, probably with his mind on the champs league, well that is bollox, because that result could cause us all sorts of problems mentally ,a fucking disgrace.

2 were so clearly offside it's not even debateable, the other 2 can easily be attributed to the team being unbalanced due to chasing the game because of the two completely inexplicable refereeing decisions.

Demichellis could have easily been sent off for us and our goal was borderline too. We lost because our desire was lacking and we made stupid errors.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.