Spurs Vs City Post Match Thread

Defeats i can take , but it really irks me the equaliser ,pissed me off no end.
It pissed me off because we just gave the ball to them when there was no need to do so. Had KDB found either of his two team-mates instead of putting the ball between them to Dier then the offside is irrelevant. Even despite a shocker of a decision, that goal was entirely preventable.

The offsides made ALL the difference though, so your other comments are meaningless if you forget about them!
I mean forget using them as an excuse. We lost because we were totally shit in the 2nd half, if we play the 2nd half like the first we get at least a point, instead we got thumped.

I mean forget using them as an excuse. We lost because we were totally shit in the 2nd half, if we play the 2nd half like the first we get at least a point, instead we got thumped.

I know what you're saying, but the change in dynamics is huge when you score just before half time. Instead of Spurs going in beaten and us feeling great, they are suddenly feeling good about the game and we are unsettled - that's a fact. It's hard to over-estimate what a difference that makes.

Yeah take a quote out of context why don't you. If we can't overcome a dodgy decision after dominating the first half then as I said there's something lacking in our mentality. The other goals don't happen if we come out for the 2nd half determined to get back control of the match.

If the dodgy decision was a one off then I would agree, we all know it's not as the third goal which killed the game as a contest proved yet again beyond doubt. It's very striking that whenever we have been top of the league by a significant margin we have been on the end of a very strange mix of refereeing decisions. Just think back to the 1-6 at Old Trafford and the decision onwards until Jan/Feb, until the club through Patrick Vieira spoke out publically.

Chaddblue
Have you ever heard of , or at least seen pics of Frank Swift?
He died at Munich

This match shows just how far some of our backup/rotational players are from the first team regulars.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.