Spurs Vs City Post Match Thread

WBA (A) 3-0
Chelsea (H) 3-0
Everton (A) 2-0
Watford (H) 2-0
Palace (A) 1-0
West Ham (H) 1-2
Spurs (A) 1-4

You look at those fixtures before kick off and I'd have probably taken 15 points from them. We've had 4 veey tough fixtures Chelase, Everton, Palace & Spurs. Other than Spurs I've no complaints West Ham was luck on their side we threw the kitchen sink at them and it didn't come off. So we're a point behind the rags who have played

Spurs (H) 1-0 (O.G)
Villa (A) 1-0 (Deflected Goal) clear pen for Villa not given
Newcastle (H) 0-0 ( De Bruuyne type goal not given to Shrek)
Swansea (A) 1-2
Liverpool (H) 3-1
Southampton (A) 3-2 (Pass gifted to Martial at 1-1)
Sunderland (H) 3-0 (probably the easiest game in the league Sunderland are gash)

Spurs pissed me off and I'm still gutted avout it but all the rags giving me shit are nust getting little smiles back because I know we'll be above them come the end.

Hope your right but wouldn't be so sure.

Only eight points from 1st to 16th and that's Chelsea largely because the so called big sides are playing fairly average football but Manure have been doing what is required and IMO can only get better.

Didn't post yesterday as there was too much angst amongst fans. (Many, and I mean many don't seem able to cope after a loss).

First of all Team Selection. With the injuries we had, I thought Pellers put the strongest available team available out and many in the pre match thead were in accord. For those questioning Cabaleros inclusion (even in the post match thread), Hart had a back strain and was only available if absolutely required. Had Hart played and really crocked himself for several weeks..think about it. Again, "why was Yaya taken off", he had an injury, so it was wise to get him off and ready for next week.

Ist half we were the domiant side and rightfully took the lead, only to be pegged back by what can only be described as the worst offside decision ever (it wasn't if the linesman was blind sided).

2nd half we were woeful, as many have said, we lack a real leader on the pitch when Vinnie isn't playing and, appear unable to cope with adversity very well. I don't buy into this has to be Pellers' fault as many seem to want to, probably in anger more than anything else though. They are professional players who should have enough desire in their bellies to take charge on the field.

We allowed Spuds to win that game and they took full advantage. It's a team game and the team, not individuals are collectively to blame, but I suspect many of the "player threads" have had their post count significantly increased sinse yesterday. I'm not going to single any player out, as that is totally futile and subjective. What the players will do (and we should fllow suit) is to pick themselves up, dust down and start again on Wed.

What is hurting most I suspect and me included, is that the rags are above us after the shit they have dished out so far. Compare the fixtures we have both had, and I am unconcerned at this stage. Yes, they win the end of September Cup, but let's see in a few weeks when they have some sterner tests ahead of them.

I suspect many believe we are in crisis (or worse) and we should have done this, bought him, sacked him etc. If your bar is we should win every single game by playing everyone off the pitch and scoring for fun, then by that reckoning we are.

But were not, we are playing good football, have too many consecutive injuries, several key players not firing on all cyclinders and worst of all, some very poor officiating. Despite that, only the rags are ahead of us by one point.

We are experiencing only a wobble (not a terminal freefall as some posters might believe) and will bounce back.

After having nearly 24 hours to digest this game, it's completely ridiculous that we lost 4-1 to Tottenham.

I'd be stunned if the likes of Swansea or Southampton got beat 4-1 by Spurs. It's totally unacceptable for a squad like ours to get beat that heavily by a midtable side.

The problem isn't the players. Ferguson would have absolutely romped the league if he had this squad. Klopp would aswell.

I was at the game and for 40 minutes we were in complete control. Cue disgraceful decision, or rather non decision and not only are Spurs back in the game but the psychology of the game totally changes. It wasn't simply the margin of the error that was disruptive but the timing could simply not have been worse. You can imagine the dressing room at half time, prior to that goal it would have been calm and confident but after that there would have been frustration, anger and also psychologically, that the officials could get a decision 'so' wrong would be nagging in your mind and making you nervous holding a high line.

You could see the impact just by the fact we conceded again in farcical circumstances just after the break. Still, we had a chance to get back and a draw at WHL wouldn't have been too bad until yet again the officials intervene to kill the game off.

I can take losing a game but to lose a game in that manner through inept or corrupt officiating really makes me sick to the stomach.

Seriously if referees can get decisions 'that' wrong just what hope is there for us? To be honest I feel sick for the players that 45 minutes of good work has been completely undone when quite simply they were doing their job supremely well. There is absolutely no justice in that result. None.

Last edited:
I was at the game and for 40 minutes we were in complete control. Cue disgraceful decision, or rather non decision and not only are Spurs back in the game but the psychology of the game totally changes. It wasn't simply the margin of the error that was disruptive but the timing could simply not have been worse. You can imagine the dressing room at half time, prior to that goal it would have been calm and confident but after that there would have been frustration, anger and also psychologically, that the officials could get a decision 'so' wrong would be nagging in your mind and making you nervous holding a high line.

You could see the impact just by the fact we conceded again in farcical circumstances just after the break. Still, we had a chance to get back and a draw at WHL wouldn't have been too bad until yet again the officials intervene to kill the game off.

I can take losing a game but to lose a game in that manner through inept or corrupt officiating really makes me sick to the stomach.

Seriously if referees can get decisions 'that' wrong just what hope is there for us? To be honest I feel sick for the players that 45 minutes of good work has been completely undone when quite simply they were doing their job supremely well. There is absolutely no justice in that result. None.

An excellent observation .

My thoughts exactly.

It is all very well to suggest that we had the second half to continue the good work of the first, but when we get such a decision from a well-paid but unobservant lino AND our own goalscorer assisting their in off the post, you need to be mentally formidable. Cap the injustice of the goal with MDM's booking and we have a changing room that should be charged up. Unfortunately, the mentality that the team were in another warp of not receiving just desserts and I can understand better where and when it begins to crumble. Size of paypackets has little to do with the notion that a team, despite its best efforts are gonna get jipped.

The sooner the incompetences and plain wrong decisions of officials are tested with a replay the better. I wonder if that lino has seen that incident or are they told by Old Mother Riley not to give a flying fuck one way or the other.

Went to bed pissed off about the result. Woke up this morning still pissed off about the result. Wonder how many players did the same.

We have probably the 3rd best squad in Europe player for player. Basically we should never lose a match. The problem is with the players heads not with their feet.

We didn't lose yesterday because Spurs had better players than us. We handed it to them. There's a fragility about us. It's like the pre match meal is quail on a bed of rocket washed down with some camomile tea whereas we should be fighting over scraps of raw meat we're that hungry.

We have had a mental softness about us for as long as I can remember barring a handful of games over the last 5yrs. I don't know what we have to do to fix that aspect of us..

Yes , he have the better players but we lost because they had a better manager . Very much like juventus and west ham , spurs did not play that well but what they did very well was exploited our weaknesses.Every time pellegrini comes up against top teams or top managers , he does not set his team up accordingly and doesn't get the team fully prepared for different situations .

Everyone expected a 3 man midfield yesterday but watching the match yaya was playing as no 10 right up with aguero which is not his strength .Yaya is at his best when he plays deep from where he can dictate play and can make runs which drags opposition players out of position and creates space for others .

Yesterday spurs setup perfectly to negate our strengths , eric dier dropped between the center backs at every opportunity which dragged yaya out of position and the their fullbacks moved high high up the pitch so sterling and de buyrne had spend most of the match tracking them .

Our biggest weakness in Europe and against good teams is what we do when we are with out the ball and our entire defense approach where pellegrini 's tactics are inadequate . When we lose the ball we don't press or don't know how to press and we fall back and setup up with two lines of defense with four players . This defensive structure is okay as long as well drop deep but playing a high line with this setup is suicidal especially in transitions where teams will have huge space behind the defense to attack( happened yesterday and against juve where kolarov struggled with space behind him ) .

Attacking wise our build up play is not good enough and very predictable when teams press high up the pitch and we resort to just kicking the ball up which is ineffective when we have aguero , silva , sterling and navas in forward positions.

the bigger picture is that we are still 7 points infront of Chelsea who are the only other team in the premier league that have the squad to win it in my book and if man city are taking there foot of the gas and clearing up the little injuries we have to the main players for the long season ahead then I can take it

we have a back bone to our team and every other team would love Kompany Hart Yaya Silva Aguero and if they need game time or missing a couple of games for the good of the club/team in a long season who are we to point fingers. YES it hurt losing yesterday but that will mean nothing at the end of the season if we are champions and cup winners. many battles will be lost this season but if winning the war is your aim we should all stand together in back each other in times of crisis

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.