Spurs Vs City Post Match Thread

the bigger picture is that we are still 7 points infront of Chelsea who are the only other team in the premier league that have the squad to win it in my book and if man city are taking there foot of the gas and clearing up the little injuries we have to the main players for the long season ahead then I can take it

we have a back bone to our team and every other team would love Kompany Hart Yaya Silva Aguero and if they need game time or missing a couple of games for the good of the club/team in a long season who are we to point fingers. YES it hurt losing yesterday but that will mean nothing at the end of the season if we are champions and cup winners. many battles will be lost this season but if winning the war is your aim we should all stand together in back each other in times of crisis

Yer don't need a double sized squad to win the title if the whistling wankers and flag waving wonks don't do their job!

Yes , he have the better players but we lost because they had a better manager . Very much like juventus and west ham , spurs did not play that well but what they did very well was exploited our weaknesses.Every time pellegrini comes up against top teams or top managers , he does not set his team up accordingly and doesn't get the team fully prepared for different situations .

Everyone expected a 3 man midfield yesterday but watching the match yaya was playing as no 10 right up with aguero which is not his strength .Yaya is at his best when he plays deep from where he can dictate play and can make runs which drags opposition players out of position and creates space for others .

Yesterday spurs setup perfectly to negate our strengths , eric dier dropped between the center backs at every opportunity which dragged yaya out of position and the their fullbacks moved high high up the pitch so sterling and de buyrne had spend most of the match tracking them .

Our biggest weakness in Europe and against good teams is what we do when we are with out the ball and our entire defense approach where pellegrini 's tactics are inadequate . When we lose the ball we don't press or don't know how to press and we fall back and setup up with two lines of defense with four players . This defensive structure is okay as long as well drop deep but playing a high line with this setup is suicidal especially in transitions where teams will have huge space behind the defense to attack( happened yesterday and against juve where kolarov struggled with space behind him ) .

Attacking wise our build up play is not good enough and very predictable when teams press high up the pitch and we resort to just kicking the ball up which is ineffective when we have aguero , silva , sterling and navas in forward positions.

Rubbish. It worked for 40 minutes. Their equaliser killed us, for some reason.

Football is played on grass not paper, 11 men of Spurs vs 11 City. City had the better of the first half until a diabolical decision totally changed the moment of the match at the worst possible time for City. Spurs went in at half time on a high and came out second half a totally different team mentally, a bad mistake by a human being then compounded that fact and Spurs went from strength t strength and ran out deserved winners after another human error for Kane,s 3rd

not taking more of our chances,and killing teams of is whats hurting us at the moment,that will change i hope

It is all very well to suggest that we had the second half to continue the good work of the first, but when we get such a decision from a well-paid but unobservant lino AND our own goalscorer assisting their in off the post, you need to be mentally formidable. Cap the injustice of the goal with MDM's booking and we have a changing room that should be charged up. Unfortunately, the mentality that the team were in another warp of not receiving just desserts and I can understand better where and when it begins to crumble. Size of paypackets has little to do with the notion that a team, despite its best efforts are gonna get jipped.

The sooner the incompetences and plain wrong decisions of officials are tested with a replay the better. I wonder if that lino has seen that incident or are they told by Old Mother Riley not to give a flying fuck one way or the other.

If we had replays on every dodgy decision made by officials, there would be more time wasted on emails and less time on actual football. Officials do need to be made more accountable for such crass decisions. Perhaps a yellow card for officials followed by a red for the next stupid mistake and a months van without wages. Probably a bit too extreme, but the fact officials can screw up and just walk away with no recourse, galls the he hell out of me

If we had replays on every dodgy decision made by officials, there would be more time wasted on emails and less time on actual football. Officials do need to be made more accountable for such crass decisions. Perhaps a yellow card for officials followed by a red for the next stupid mistake and a months van without wages. Probably a bit too extreme, but the fact officials can screw up and just walk away with no recourse, galls the he hell out of me

Oops I meant replays not emails lol, bad typo

Why not a 50% bonus if the officials don't make 1 mistake and if they do make mistakes lose 50% of there match fee?! That will cut out the bias rag Arsenal Liverpool officials who support these teams but lie when asked who they support so they get the big games!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.