Spurs Vs City Post Match Thread

What absolute disgrace that was today. You lose football matches but it is the manner in which this group players lose that always angers me. When things go against us,like the goal on the stroke of half time, why do not get fired up at half time and come out to snatch the game back from our oponents. Instead we come out allow the the opposition to bully us out of the game. The officials were dreadful but we didn't show the mental toughness it needed to win the game and that's what pisses me off! Why don't we nasty why don't we leave a foot why DO WE ACCEPT DEFEAT SO EASILY!

Didn't Brian Kidd take charge of that one?

Edit: nah you're right, came before the cup final shit showing v Wigan

Seem to remember we beat them at home convincingly but they scored a goal from a Bale breakaway, and they properly bummed us 3-1 in the return leg. It was the manner of the defeat though, we shit our pants and they marauded for most of the second half, was relieved it was only 3 in the end.

Really awful game.
If our goal was offside, the closest one of the day I think, and theirs were called correctly then let's say we lost 2-0. Those two goals were largely the fault of Willy Caballero. Wasn't helped by the defence though to be fair. Otamendi giving away the needless free kick and, not sure if he could have stopped it but, Demichelis falling over at the same time as Willy just summed up how bad we were overall.
I thought we were fairly good in the first half and if we went in at 1-0 it could have been so different. The manager and the players have to take responsibility though because we just didn't fight hard enough today. Really hope we can get our best team on the pitch soon.
I guess it would be nice to be top of the table all season, win the league comfortably. But in my opinion our typical City way is even better. Certainly more exciting. Feels bad today but I am still confident.

What absolute disgrace that was today. You lose football matches but it is the manner in which this group players lose that always angers me. When things go against us,like the goal on the stroke of half time, why do not get fired up at half time and come out to snatch the game back from our oponents. Instead we come out allow the the opposition to bully us out of the game. The officials were dreadful but we didn't show the mental toughness it needed to win the game and that's what pisses me off! Why don't we nasty why don't we leave a foot why DO WE ACCEPT DEFEAT SO EASILY!

Exactly. A poor decision should galvanise you not make you come out sulking.

This feels surreal. Not had such a big defeat since 2008 and it hurts. It's like the old days :) Obviously injuries aren't helping us at all along with the decisions but I think the decision not to buy a truly creative midfielder was a mistake. How many seasons do we all say we miss Silva's creativity so much when he is out. Aguero's form is worrying and hope it is on field and not off field issues affecting him. Also Kompany's continuing injuries are also a concern. No matter how much stick the lad gets on here from some we have more clean sheets when Mangala is in the team and this is no coincidence. Yes he does make the odd error but his effort is first class. Don't get the purchase of Otamendi (especially for the fee) whatsoever and think we should have kept Denayer at the club. I also understand the sentiment and reasons for putting faith in Kelechi, but I think we should have purchased another an out and out striker as we are a bit thin on the ground. I agree with others we need to see how this season goes but the manager needs to be more pragmatic and grind out some victories. As everyone has said weekend ruined for the second week running. Let's hope we get a victory midweek and then on Saturday and hopefully go top again!

Basically surrendered in the second half, I agree with Lichfield should have come out angry, motivation by the players themselves also management was to blame,

We didn't defend well against either Juventus or West Ham and that is part of the game. 9 goals conceded in 3.5 matches is poor.

we created more chances then either juventus or west ham , our defensive performances have not been great , but if we take our chances then we win these games , if we had beaten juventus 3-2 and west ham 6-2 , no one would have said it was not deserved , but the likes of sterling and aguero have missed an absolute hatful of goals . Both these players will improve over the season , and when we get a semblance of a first team line up , we will take some stopping , we havent become a bad team overnight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.