Spurs Want Barry

Marvin said:
Difficult one - quality player, but with Fernandinho and Garcia in that position he isn't going to get many games.

Would much rather sell Garcia than Barry.

In any case, we shouldn't be selling a player like barry to Tottenham. Why give them an upgrade on what they already have for such a nominal fee?

Solihull Samba Boys said:
Marvin said:
Difficult one - quality player, but with Fernandinho and Garcia in that position he isn't going to get many games.

In any case, we shouldn't be selling a player like barry to Tottenham. Why give them an upgrade on what they already have for such a nominal fee?

I concur.

If Spurs' interest is genuine, then I think City would sell at that price.

He's been a great servant for us, and still has something to offer, but we have a surplus of midfielders and I imagine Soriano would be keen to remove another high earner from the wage bill.

Having dropped off the radar in terms of the England set up, he may see a move to Spurs as a chance to reignite his international career, especially with the World Cup in the offing. He arrived here with the desire to compete and win trophies, but he will probably sense now that his opportunities at the Etihad are going to become restricted, whereas at White Hart Lane he will play more often than not. As better players arrive, there is the inherent danger that the unsung players become (extra) ordinary, so I'd rather see him leave but remember him fondly.

Never Mind The Pollocks said:
Solihull Samba Boys said:
Marvin said:

I concur.

me also, although unfortunately I can see it happening

I like Barry, but the way Soriano and Txiki will look at it is that we are paying, i don't know.. almost £100k per week?, for a 32 year old midfielder that is on the decline. They will want to use the wage budget in a more efficient way and will probably sell if the deal is right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.