Spurs Want Barry

FantasyIreland said:
hgblue said:
FantasyIreland said:
That's one of your best yet Marv...... Keep em coming!

I genuinely can't figure out if he's taking the piss ;).

He's a subtle WUM,occasionally he throws a curve ball just to cause a shit storm.

Either that or he has genuine mental health issues.....

-- 13 Jun 2013 13:49 --

Robbiejd said:
http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/30/report-manchester-city-to-offer-gareth-barry-spot-with-new-york-city-fc/

What does that say??

Links are useless for many of us.
Report: Manchester City to offer Gareth Barry spot with New York City FC
Kyle Bonn May 30, 2013, 5:01 PM EDT
5 Comments

Getty Images
In an odd but intriguing move, it’s been reported by Cheshire Today in England that Manchester City will offer Gareth Barry a new contract extension with the stipulation that he goes on loan to New York City FC in the final year of the extension.

There’s no other confirmation on the move, but just the fact this is being discussed in the local media means it’s probably at least being tossed around.

Barry has mentioned that he’d like to follow in the footsteps of Sergio Aguero, who signed an extension with City just this past year.

“I’m coming into the last year, and it will be a case of the new manager coming in and having a chat with the people upstairs, and discussing it. I’m hoping we can have a meeting pretty soon,” said Barry. “I would love to stay. I’m 32 but I feel pretty fit and I’m on the back of a good season, so hopefully the club will have seen that.”

Manchester City has teamed up with the New York Yankees to grab the next expansion team in Major League Soccer.

Barry mentioned he enjoyed his time in New York after City’s exhibition at Yankee Stadium against Chelsea.  “The match in New York was a great spectacle and the supporters turned out in great numbers again,” said Barry after scoring in the 5-3 win over Chelsea at Yankee Stadium on Saturday. It was about something other than the result. We’ve had a great few days.

He also was excited about City’s new interest in Major League Soccer. “It is a massive step for Manchester City to get involved with a club in MLS. Nothing like that has been done before.  It’s exciting times for the club.”

The Sky Blues are doing their best to maintain their new investment, and this has prompted an very interesting strategy of keeping their own players and still sharing talent with the new club.

Skip to Comments (5) Email

alky313 said:
Wouldn't be a terrible thing. Sell him cut rate, first option on Bale. Free up the wages. Place a bid for Thiago.
Hahaha
No way DL would give us first option on Bale in a deal for Gareth Barry.
That would be madness.

I'm sure if a deal is done, txiki and the boys will be aware of all the concerns raised in this thread. He's been a great player for us, but there's no place for sentimentality and if the deal is right, it should be done.

Would be a good signing for spurs and for us because I don't think he'd get enough game yjme due to us having bought new midfielders

I said it earlier and I'll say it again, but I think selling Barry to Spurs for only 4m would be a big mistake.

Yes, he is aging and he is on the decline, and it would be nice to shift his wages, but I believe Barry is a very valuable part of our club. I agree he should not be starting every week but he should still be a solid contributor who can come in and cool things down or steady the midfield when needed. He is still good enough to play a good number of games. But Barry's true value lies in that he is an extremely intelligent player who knows the premier league inside and out. His knowledge and experience is invaluable to younger players that are brought through the youth system and players new to the league. Ideally, he'd be okay with decreased playing time and will eventually transition into a coaching role.

A good squad needs a balance of young hungry players, players entering their prime, and a couple of wise, experienced veterans. With Tevez and Lescott likely off, Barry is one of our only veterans and it would be a mistake to sell him.

Also, it seems like Spurs are always trying to do one over on us in the transfer market. They can fuck off. If roles were reversed they'd be trying to swindle us for 15m so they can go fuck themselves for 4m, laughable. They're not a direct rival but Spurs are one of the 4-5 best teams in the league, and we shouldn't be doing them any favors, or anything that would strengthen their squad.

Stoned Rose said:
andrewmswift said:
A fee of ~5 million and he's gone. As others have said, it's the wages that matter most—and he is declining. If we could go get Matuidi for lower wages it's an absolute no brainer.

To be fair this is spot on.

I revise my earlier opinion.

Prefer Vidal, but I guess he would cost a lot more and be on a higher wage, is this Matuidi suited to the Prem ?

Jimfv1 said:
Stoned Rose said:
andrewmswift said:
A fee of ~5 million and he's gone. As others have said, it's the wages that matter most—and he is declining. If we could go get Matuidi for lower wages it's an absolute no brainer.

Prefer Vidal, but I guess he would cost a lot more and be on a higher wage, is this Matuidi suited to the Prem ?

I'd prefer vidal over matuidi imo, wouldn't mind if we got marchisio too, but I dont think we need anymore centre midfielders due to the amount we've got, unless we sell more...

IWasHere said:
Jimfv1 said:
Stoned Rose said:

I'd prefer vidal over matuidi imo, wouldn't mind if we got marchisio too, but I dont think we need anymore centre midfielders due to the amount we've got, unless we sell more...

Matuidi is available for 10m though , Juventus are turning down 45m bids down for Vidal.

Jimfv1 said:
Stoned Rose said:
andrewmswift said:

Yes has been PSG's best performing midfielder like LoveCity said he's DeJong on drugs exactly what we need, can't see PSG selling though unless he really pushes for a move.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.