Squad rotation for the run in.

I just realised that this topic holds the secret to Pep's starting line-up against Chelsea and it's quite beautiful and I instantly forgive Pep for it.

He literally took the Dortmund and FA Cup semi-final games and said this is the climax of the season, and every single one of my senior squad will start.

This is how he has got such amazing commitment from his players. What we have done this season playing every 3-4 days is incredible. It is the hardest thing in the history of top-flight English football and you only do it by getting total commitment from the players.

Pep is a very kind man who cares for his players. It's fundamental to the most demanding season in the history of football to give everyone opportunity.

Well done Pep. Your players will love you for this. I do too even though I know it was impossible for that starting lineup to win the game.
absolutely Marvin, Pep has said that the first eleven were tired after the games against dortmund and even tho making 8 changes was always going to have an impact I am glad he did it.

He asked questions of the players he did pick, and most didnt answer that call yesterday, which Pep will not be happy about

But I would rather lose yesterday than lose the next league game

Onwards and upwards now

It's been obvious for a while that sterling offers nothing, and can't make a decision when it matters. But still he's selected.
It's actually bizarre how long he has been poor for now and is still picked. He is offering zero on the pitch and clearly shouldn't be in the side, baffling and infuriating.

It's actually bizarre how long he has been poor for now and is still picked. He is offering zero on the pitch and clearly shouldn't be in the side, baffling and infuriating.
Form is temporary, class is permanent , hence why Sterling is so overrated in my opinion.

The best part of a year he is nowhere near the required level.

These lads aren’t old men are they, they are in their 20s, they should be at peek fitness now, so they played Wednesday, have 3 days rest, one or two might get niggles but the majority should start in particular the back 4. With the 5 subs there is loads of opportunities to bring people off if they are struggling, in fact the cups are an ideal opportunity to do this, I’m still pissed about yesterday as Chelsea could well get to CL final as well, a nice cup double for them!

It's been obvious for a while that sterling offers nothing, and can't make a decision when it matters. But still he's selected.
Look at the games he's been selected for though, he's not in Peps strongest 11 anymore. Yesterday I felt was Pep saying come on this is your opportunity here and he failed spectacularly along with one or two others. Who I would quite happily be rid of for the right price to raise funds this summer. There was a reason Pep only made two changes yesterday one of which was a forced one the other due to the player offering nothing, but the lad is still young.
I don't think he will be too disappointed about yesterday as if we do get past PSG it gives us a full two week preparation for the champions league final, I think? Where as it would have only been one with an FA inbetween.

absolutely Marvin, Pep has said that the first eleven were tired after the games against dortmund and even tho making 8 changes was always going to have an impact I am glad he did it.

He asked questions of the players he did pick, and most didnt answer that call yesterday, which Pep will not be happy about

But I would rather lose yesterday than lose the next league game

Onwards and upwards now
I am ashamed to say that I didn't see this until this morning and then it dawned on me. We played both keepers, both left backs, both right backs, both defensive midfielders, Torres every single player over the course of the two games.

Everyone that was fit played.

Well done Pep. You put your players first. That is how you treat people and they will give you everything for this. Great. I don't mind losing when a man leads my team and he is fundamentally fair. I love what he did, and I am proud he is our coach. I feel silly for questioning why we started such a strange side but we have to take the whole season in perspective.

It's simply not possible to win every game with your strongest XI in a mad season. LFC tried it and were smashed by Manchester City. We've basically destroyed them this season and we did it by using every single player.

Best 11 next 3 no ifs or buts , after that reassess
We need that stability, these players have been there before and know what's required at the business end. The adrenaline will keep them sharp. Mbappe or Neymar could get injured too you just never know. In this position at this stage of the season fatigue and tiredness is a state of mind.
I agree with that.

We need three big results in the next three games in three different competitions. Footballers are all capable of playing three games in 8 days, they really are.

Then we can rest players against Palace.

(I’d give Dias a rest this midweek as he looks fatigued)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.