Squad rotation for the run in.

Mendy, Sterling should not be in the starting 11 (mendy shouldnt even be int he squad if im honest) for the rest of the season.......Torres on the bench and play if we are a couple of goals up......

Dias, Stones, Walker Ederson Foden Gundogan Rodri Bernardo should all start the remaining games (or at least til (and if) the league is won)

KDB needs to get his head right...he wasnt at it today

Jesus needs to start acting like a striker...or get Kun on the pitch if possible.

you do realise if you just flog the players listed i your post, they will perform worse tha the replacemets you are pissed at.

There will have to be some rotation of course but not so many players at one time.

There have been so many games this season where we have used less substitutes than we could have done, so it's hardly surprising that we are now in a position where half the squad are knackered and need resting, while the other half are out of form having had little game time.

Best 11 next 3 no ifs or buts , after that reassess
We need that stability, these players have been there before and know what's required at the business end. The adrenaline will keep them sharp. Mbappe or Neymar could get injured too you just never know. In this position at this stage of the season fatigue and tiredness is a state of mind.

If you decide to rotate heavily like yesterday but have 5 subs available how can Pep watch Sterling and Mendy contribute nothing for 90 mins and not take them off. It was obvious yesterday both of them were struggling.

If you decide to rotate heavily like yesterday but have 5 subs available how can Pep watch Sterling and Mendy contribute nothing for 90 mins and not take them off. It was obvious yesterday both of them were struggling.
It's been obvious for a while that sterling offers nothing, and can't make a decision when it matters. But still he's selected.

Pep trusts the squad and has all season. The only reason we are where we are is because he does rotate.

We can all complain about it now but he has made changes all season long and it hasn't hurt us. That's the first competition we are out of and it's mid-April. And Chelsea are in very good form so whilst it may have been too many changes we have to accept it. And it was a 1-0 loss with a goal from an incredibly bad bit of goalkeeping.

It's gutting to be out of one at the semi final stage but Pep has now given the squad two games in a week to get fitness and form and they've fucked it. So he is going to have to play stronger teams and hope their fitness isn't impacted.

3 wins in the league, 3 huge CL games (hopefully) and the league cup final. Not sure he can rotate many at all now.

I just realised that this topic holds the secret to Pep's starting line-up against Chelsea and it's quite beautiful and I instantly forgive Pep for it.

He literally took the Dortmund and FA Cup semi-final games and said this is the climax of the season, and every single one of my senior squad will start.

This is how he has got such amazing commitment from his players. What we have done this season playing every 3-4 days is incredible. It is the hardest thing in the history of top-flight English football and you only do it by getting total commitment from the players.

Pep is a very kind man who cares for his players. It's fundamental to the most demanding season in the history of football to give everyone opportunity.

Well done Pep. Your players will love you for this. I do too even though I know it was impossible for that starting lineup to win the game.

It's been obvious for a while that sterling offers nothing, and can't make a decision when it matters. But still he's selected.
Because he is part of the playing squad. You can't do anything in this crazy Covid season without using your 20 man senior squad.

It's really obvious that he has played every single player in his senior squad. I really like that. It's fundamentally fair. And worthwhile over the course of a season because you get absolutely everything out of the group.

Look where Liverpool FC got by playing their best players every week: they blew up.

Well done Pep. You are a genius. And I love you for it because here is a man who was true to his players and put them before himself. He promised all the squad they would play a part and they did.

Because he is part of the playing squad. You can't do anything in this crazy Covid season without using your 20 man senior squad.

It's really obvious that he has played every single player in his senior squad. I really like that. It's fundamentally fair. And worthwhile over the course of a season because you get absolutely everything out of the group.

Look where Liverpool FC got by playing their best players every week: they blew up.

Well done Pep. You are a genius. And I love you for it because here is a man who was true to his players and put them before himself. He promised all the squad they would play a part and they did.
Yet in the post match thread you have said this defeat is all down to Pep? Or are you being sarcastic here?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.