Stadium Expansion

Kenney_The_Blue said:
I got told by somebody who works on the development that their boss had a meeting and the ground can be expanded to 60,000 + 80,000 (3 tiers and 4 tiers) apparently they don't want to do two different expansions, they want to just do one I.e 80,000

They aren't expecting to sell out LC games, look at Milan and barca, 30/40,000 empty seats in the lesser games.

We need to think about the week in week out league games.

Although I have to say I think 60,000 would be our limit atm.

Even the scum don't sell out LC games - Think it was a couple of seasons ago they they only filled half the ground and a good % were the away side.

mancitytmdanttom said:
Kenney_The_Blue said:
I got told by somebody who works on the development that their boss had a meeting and the ground can be expanded to 60,000 + 80,000 (3 tiers and 4 tiers) apparently they don't want to do two different expansions, they want to just do one I.e 80,000

They aren't expecting to sell out LC games, look at Milan and barca, 30/40,000 empty seats in the lesser games.

We need to think about the week in week out league games.

Although I have to say I think 60,000 would be our limit atm.

Even the scum don't sell out LC games - Think it was a couple of seasons ago they they only filled half the ground and a good % were the away side.
This season against Newcastle there were less than 50k there. But that's not a bad thing, nobody else would get that for a FL Cup game so fair play to them.

The Camp Nou holds 96,336 but Barcelona's average attendance is 78,340. I doubt that anyone cares about the percentage of empty seats there are, i doubt anyone looks at their 65000 attendances in a few games and has anything to say. I think it's about how many are there, not how many aren't.

good post ^^. If you listen to some, we would need to reduce our capacity to 40000 because this is what we get for cup games.

As I've said before,the biggest increase in our revenue will come from two things; winning the CL (or at least getting to the semis reasonably regularly) and increasing corporate ticket revenue. I'm led to believe that we could have sold our corporate seats twice over this season so an expansion of that side of things makes great commercial sense.

We need to plan on the assumption that City are going to continue ot grow their support, so we do need an expanded capacity ... at the moment we have quite a small stadium compared with the teams that regularly do well in the Champions League.

And I don't think having some empty seats will matter - the noise and atmosphere generated will be more about how many are there, than how many are missing (I think Barcelona have had 20,000 empty seats for many of their recent games, but no-one says that makes them a small club, or makes the Nou Camp a rubbish place to visit) - they are just impressed by how many *are* there.

we need a bigger stadium and reduce the price for kid to as low as possible these kid are our future support. selling off cheaper seats to kids whether individually or schools or other groups of kids will increase our fan base and increase our merchandise sales

league not a problem

low ticket prices required for low profile cup games

Blue Theatre said:
We need to plan on the assumption that City are going to continue ot grow their support, so we do need an expanded capacity ... at the moment we have quite a small stadium compared with the teams that regularly do well in the Champions League.

And I don't think having some empty seats will matter - the noise and atmosphere generated will be more about how many are there, than how many are missing (I think Barcelona have had 20,000 empty seats for many of their recent games, but no-one says that makes them a small club, or makes the Nou Camp a rubbish place to visit) - they are just impressed by how many *are* there.

Barcelona just leave their top tier empty most of the time, but they make sure the other tiers are fullor as close to as full.

Real Madrid struggle to get a true sell out, and if you watch them on the TV you can see empty seats scattered all around the Bernabeu.

This is the issue for me, I would rather be like Barcelona and leave a top tier empty on some games and have everywhere else pretty much full, rather than having fans in all tiers but with empty seats scattered everywhere.

The big 'crowd filler' in the big stadiums are corporate seats, and putting big corporate sections in place is what will guarantee big stadium sell outs.

If you look at United, when they have Carling Cup games, for me, that is pretty much close to what their home support is, corporate seating at both the Swamp and the Emirates is what makes them guarantee sell out crowds.

Does anybody know how many corporate seats there are at United bu the way??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.