Stadium Expansion

Also, as for the cheaper tickets in the event of expansion, a lot of the match day revenue is made on bar sales. Say on a carling cup game, each fan spends £10 on beer. 20k fans at £20 per ticket is £400,000 on tickets and £200,000 on bar sales, making a match day income of £600,000. However, 40k fans at £10 per ticket is £400,000 on tickets and £400,000 on bar sales, making a match day income of £800,000. Now I know not everyone will buy beer and all that stuff, but you get the idea. In my opinion, if the club does expand, it makes perfect sense to sell cheaper tickets to get the bums on the seats, and they can make the money on bar sales, food, and merchandise. If ADUG have a good business head on them, and considering how rich they are I imagine they do, then they will have figured this out.

Tony Adcock said:
cyberblue said:
blueparrot said:
The stadium is probably just about the right size now, but expansion will take at least 2 years so I would have thought the ambition is to grow support by at least
10000 over the next 2- 5 years.
So where are these 10.000 new fans with enough money to fork out £45 each week for a ticket coming from .& What will they think when they get slagged of for being glory hunting tw*ts .tourists ect

I dont think anyone is expecting all games to sell out if we have 10K more seat. Thats not how it works. But for sure if had 10K extra seat do you think they would have been sold for certain games last season ???

damn right they would. And thats the point. We are losing out on ticket sales etc at certain games and therefore there is an opportunity to create more revenue if more seats were available.

The extra fans wont have to fork out £45 every week because it wont be the same 10000 every week , and they wont know they are being slagged off as tourists because they probably wont be people who come onto bluemoon or any other city forum. But you build before it becomes critical not after.

southstander93 said:
Also, as for the cheaper tickets in the event of expansion, a lot of the match day revenue is made on bar sales. Say on a carling cup game, each fan spends £10 on beer. 20k fans at £20 per ticket is £400,000 on tickets and £200,000 on bar sales, making a match day income of £600,000. However, 40k fans at £10 per ticket is £400,000 on tickets and £400,000 on bar sales, making a match day income of £800,000. Now I know not everyone will buy beer and all that stuff, but you get the idea. In my opinion, if the club does expand, it makes perfect sense to sell cheaper tickets to get the bums on the seats, and they can make the money on bar sales, food, and merchandise. If ADUG have a good business head on them, and considering how rich they are I imagine they do, then they will have figured this out.

The income from beer sales, food and merchandise isnt pure profit is it? Once they've paid for the beer,food & shirts and the staff costs to sell them the net profit isnt that great. Perhaps 20% of the income?

If they genuinely could double the attendance by halving the prices fair enough. But in reality they would probably only increase the attendance from 20,000 to 30,000. And the net profit on the extra beer sales wouldnt make up for the loss in ticket revenue.

blueparrot said:
Tony Adcock said:
cyberblue said:
So where are these 10.000 new fans with enough money to fork out £45 each week for a ticket coming from .& What will they think when they get slagged of for being glory hunting tw*ts .tourists ect

I dont think anyone is expecting all games to sell out if we have 10K more seat. Thats not how it works. But for sure if had 10K extra seat do you think they would have been sold for certain games last season ???

damn right they would. And thats the point. We are losing out on ticket sales etc at certain games and therefore there is an opportunity to create more revenue if more seats were available.

The extra fans wont have to fork out £45 every week because it wont be the same 10000 every week , and they wont know they are being slagged off as tourists because they probably wont be people who come onto bluemoon or any other city forum. But you build before it becomes critical not after.

Out of interest if we sold out of available ST's in one day to Blue members, taking it up to 36k, how many more would we be able to sell? 6k?

That would mean we only need to sell, say, 4k additional tickets per game which is definately achievable given how quickly league games sell out

GXCity said:
blueparrot said:
Tony Adcock said:

Out of interest if we sold out of available ST's in one day to Blue members, taking it up to 36k, how many more would we be able to sell? 6k?

That would mean we only need to sell, say, 4k additional tickets per game which is definately achievable given how quickly league games sell out

Do they sell out that quickly? They sell out quicker than they used to, when people waited until the last few days before a game. But do they sell out straight away?

How many City fans that want to go to the Villa game will not have been able to get a ticket? 10,000? 5,000? 2,000? or a few hundred?

blueparrot said:
Tony Adcock said:
cyberblue said:

Ok so now we need 20.000 extra fans if they come once every other game or 30,000 extra fans if they come once every 3 games where are they all coming from .load sof true blues have stopped going for one reason & another but you think there is a big demand i just dont see it

I'm pretty sure Tesco and Sainsburys or even the corner shop (gives my age away) doesn't wait to sell out before they get more of what they sell, in.

There have been lots of discussions on the Vegas thread and others about American football stadiums and the diversity of the facilities offered (indoor standing with beer!) I can't see us settling for a few more poxy plastic seats.

Chippy_boy said:
blueparrot said:
The stadium is probably just about the right size now, but expansion will take at least 2 years so I would have thought the ambition is to grow support by at least

If it's sold out for 99% of league games - which it is - that means we are losing ticket sales and season ticket sales right now.

We should expand it asap in my view. OK we won't fill it every week, but we will some weeks, and we will get more revenue. It's a no-brainer imho.
Where the extra fans coming from .we might be "sold out" every week but there are still hundreds of empty seats most games<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:04 pm --<br /><br />
southstander93 said:
The problem is they will not sell cheaper tickets

i heard all this conversation when we moved from maine rd to the etihad ."why are we moving into a near 50 ,000 stadium we wont fill it ".wrong

cyberblue said:
Chippy_boy said:
blueparrot said:

If it's sold out for 99% of league games - which it is - that means we are losing ticket sales and season ticket sales right now.

We should expand it asap in my view. OK we won't fill it every week, but we will some weeks, and we will get more revenue. It's a no-brainer imho.
Where the extra fans coming from .we might be "sold out" every week but there are still hundreds of empty seats most games

-- Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:04 pm --

southstander93 said:
The problem is they will not sell cheaper tickets

I agree with this. I keep hearing people say "with the new TV deal and a potential salary cap, clubs will give us cheaper seats"

For some reason Ive got it in my head that every clubs board will have fatter pockets whilst mine get emptier.

Football fans never benefit and I cant see it with this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.