Stadium Expansion

I don’t think the club will make it cheap just to be nice. They will look at how many fans they can get through the gates at x amount of money and y amount of money and the associated revenue from each possibility.
It’s all a balancing act and i’m sure there are formulas, equations and studies for this kind of thing.

One thing is for certain i won’t hold my breath for a reduction on next year’s season ticket!!

If City have 80,000 fans paying peanuts and United have 76,000 paying top dollar, how do we make up the difference?

cibaman said:
If City have 80,000 fans paying peanuts and United have 76,000 paying top dollar, how do we make up the difference?

The difference in the business models is that we don't need to pay out interest on loans and the vast amounts the Glaziers have had away?

Plus, as has already been said, in honesty the really big money comes from corporate boxes and sponsorship deals.

cibaman said:

On site facilities, corporate and sponsorship.

But I cant see it happening to be honest.

Bluep*ss said:
Hi Guys -
This is my first post but I have been reading for years. - including "las Vegas "thread".I have read all 40 pages of Stadium Expansion thread and I have not seen any mention of the "Inoculated Manchester City" site - I think it was in 2011 and contained information about City building a Champions League ground - 70,000 capacity and to be called Etihad Cauldron.
Now I am not 'puter literate so I cannot put a link up but I did Google MCFC proposed Stadium Expansion and came up with the above info.
It mentions Marwood,Hansen and Rednapp - the latter two saying City Ruining football etc.
As I say it might be old news and scrapped but I thought I would tell you about it.
CTID
this article could be the cauldron you read about, wordpress dated Oct 2011 <a class="postlink" href="http://inoculatedcity1894.wordpress.com/tag/man-city-stadium-development/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://inoculatedcity1894.wordpress.com ... velopment/</a> Maybe it's not been scrapped.
quote "The new look stadium, nicknamed ‘the Cauldron’ by City officials, will adopt a Champions League style roof (as pictured) and the capacity will increase from 48,000 to 70,000. Though construction schedules are yet to be finalised it is understood the project should be completed in time for the beginning of the 2014-15 season. If rumours are to be believed, the Champions League final will take place at the ‘Cauldron’ in May 2015. Discussions between City and FIFA are believed to be underway. Both City and FIFA have declined to comment on the matter."

Kirkstall Blue said:
Bluep*ss said:
Hi Guys -
This is my first post but I have been reading for years. - including "las Vegas "thread".I have read all 40 pages of Stadium Expansion thread and I have not seen any mention of the "Inoculated Manchester City" site - I think it was in 2011 and contained information about City building a Champions League ground - 70,000 capacity and to be called Etihad Cauldron.
Now I am not 'puter literate so I cannot put a link up but I did Google MCFC proposed Stadium Expansion and came up with the above info.
It mentions Marwood,Hansen and Rednapp - the latter two saying City Ruining football etc.
As I say it might be old news and scrapped but I thought I would tell you about it.
CTID
this article could be the cauldron you read about, wordpress dated Oct 2011 <a class="postlink" href="http://inoculatedcity1894.wordpress.com/tag/man-city-stadium-development/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://inoculatedcity1894.wordpress.com ... velopment/</a> Maybe it's not been scrapped.
quote "The new look stadium, nicknamed ‘the Cauldron’ by City officials, will adopt a Champions League style roof (as pictured) and the capacity will increase from 48,000 to 70,000. Though construction schedules are yet to be finalised it is understood the project should be completed in time for the beginning of the 2014-15 season. If rumours are to be believed, the Champions League final will take place at the ‘Cauldron’ in May 2015. Discussions between City and FIFA are believed to be underway. Both City and FIFA have declined to comment on the matter."

Just read that, the venue for 2015 still has to be announced, hmmmm?

A new stadium would be great as you know our owners would build the best stadium in the world. But it ain't happening, we'd at least have some clue from the club of it by now, everything points to expansion of the Etihad.

LoveCity said:
A new stadium would be great as you know our owners would build the best stadium in the world. But it ain't happening, we'd at least have some clue from the club of it by now, everything points to expansion of the Etihad.

The article says ''new look stadium'' an expansion with a very different look?

I personally think it will be beyond our wildest dreams.

Our fantastic owners will only do this once, as such it will be spectacular and on a scale that non of us can imagine.

I also think that we'll get a new roof which flows from the collar site to the stadium and I just hope it mirrors the roof/cladding at Yas Marina and Bayerns Stadium.

I also think that "incentives" will be offered in terms of cheaper seats to fill the stadium and to ensure that future generations choose us over the other side.

The club have talked before about different packages to suit different pockets and I think the mooted involvement of CSL the American team who shaped the corporate facilities at the new Dallas Cowboys stadium is telling.

There will no doubt be a major emphasis put on increasing the corporate numbers and packages to suit a variety of different customer needs and wants.

I can see level 2 becoming completely corporate.

I know from experience that we currently struggle to seat corporates in terms of eating which is why we're now offering off-site corporate packages tied to Vermillion and the Crowne Plaza etc, so no doubt more restaurant space will be planned.

I can see 2 maybe 3 stacks of corporate on top of each other in any newly designed stands behind the goals.

Our owners don't do cheap or ramshackle as somebody else pointed out, they won't create a stadium with 2 stuck on ends and a bastardized roof that'll look out of place, i'm convinced that it'll be a thing of beauty and I for one can't wait for them to announce the plans.

As somebody else posted, what a coup it would be if we offered seats at low prices to the people of Manchester and beyond, can you imagine the goodwill and feelgood factor that would create whilst simultaneously showing that lot up for being the greedy ***** that they are, if it forced their ticket prices down as a consequence or even put a theoretical cap on what they could actually get away with then that alone is worth doing to stunt their growth.

Shukran Sheikh Mansour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.