Stadium Expansion

Mikecini said:
LoveCity said:
A new stadium would be great as you know our owners would build the best stadium in the world. But it ain't happening, we'd at least have some clue from the club of it by now, everything points to expansion of the Etihad.

The article says ''new look stadium'' an expansion with a very different look?

Well a couple of posters on here say the extra capacity is just the beginning, a total new look maybe?
I believe any work won't start until the campus is finished, I read somewhere that each city project is 2 years, then onto the next one.

That would be awesome! Stadiums with a roof generate so much more noise. It would truely by terrific but I can't see it happening!

pride in battle said:
Mikecini said:
LoveCity said:
A new stadium would be great as you know our owners would build the best stadium in the world. But it ain't happening, we'd at least have some clue from the club of it by now, everything points to expansion of the Etihad.

Well a couple of posters on here say the extra capacity is just the beginning, a total new look maybe?
I believe any work won't start until the campus is finished, I read somewhere that each city project is 2 years, then onto the next one.

I have no idea when the Campus is scheduled to be finished, but to complete a stadium rebuild for the CL 2015, work would have to start at the end of this season at the latest. I'd guess?

Mikecini said:
pride in battle said:
Mikecini said:

I have no idea when the Campus is scheduled to be finished, but to complete a stadium rebuild for the CL 2015, work would have to start at the end of this season at the latest. I'd guess?

spot on matey

the time scale is set for the etihad campus and i cannot see Stadium Expansion
working until the major work is done

but if they are going to build a new roof then its going to be a right nightmare
and maybe we could have a open end with the Gene Kelly Stand for 2 seasons

Just a few 'barmy' ideas...........
If the Sheik was to build a Stadium 80,000-100,000 he could get the PR boys onto it.
1, Anyone filling up their car gets a Bogof ticket for the Etihad -Buy one get one free. (revenue for the Sheik - selling petrol)
2, The Sheik goes to the Government and says I'll pay for HS2 rail and anyone with a match ticket can travel free to Manchester on match days.
3, In 10 years time we can also have HS2 from Glasgow/,Edinburgh, Newcastle , Cardiff ......the mind boggles.

Manchester City Football Club is set to become the home of the Champions League after the club unveiled plans to develop the Etihad Stadium into a Champions league style theatre of football. City officials announced the ambitious project after several months of analysis on how to expand the current stadium. It is thought that The Abu Dahbi owners of the club will plough £45 million into the development to create the Champions League stadium.

The new look stadium, nicknamed ‘the Cauldron’ by City officials, will adopt a Champions League style roof (as pictured) and the capacity will increase from 48,000 to 70,000. Though construction schedules are yet to be finalised it is understood the project should be completed in time for the beginning of the 2014-15 season. If rumours are to be believed, the Champions League final will take place at the ‘Cauldron’ in May 2015. Discussions between City and FIFA are believed to be underway. Both City and FIFA have declined to comment on the matter.

The Champions League stadium has inspired Manchester City

Plans were released in September to develop the land around the Etihad Stadium into a world class training facility for City’s first team and youth academy, named the Etihad Campus. Once analysis of the stadium was completed, several proposals were put forward for the development of the stadium. The “Cauldron” proposal was chosen and the club underwent a period of public consultation before announcing the project. Of the 5000 participants there was 86% approval. Patrick Vieira, City’s Football Development Executive, stated ‘the new stadium will be the final piece in the jigsaw for the club to be considered a truly world class club.’

Although the plans to transform the Etihad Stadium are another positive step from the Manchester City owners, they have already drawn criticism and ridicule from some quarters. The stadium development is generally perceived as arrogant. City are currently participating in their debut season in the Champions League and in stark contrast to their domestic form they performed modestly, at best. Moreover, there is no guarantee that City will even qualify for the competition next season, let alone in 3 years time when the “Cauldron” will be completed. BBC pundit Alan Hansen labelled the plans as “ludicrous”, while Sky Sports commentator Alan Smith claimed City “are completely detached from reality”. Even Tottenham Hotspur manager, Harry Redknapp, got in act going as far to state that City are “ruining football.”

In spite of this, City’s Football Administration Officer, Brian Marwood, insisted the development “isn’t just about Manchester City Football Club. It’s about Manchester as a city and the local community. The stadium will attract people from all over the globe to visit this great city. The stadium will be completely unique and will provide a huge boost to the local tourism industry.” It is thought that the development will create up to 500 jobs over a 3 year period in the Greater Manchester region whilst construction is undertaken. Once the development is completed, it is expected the local economy will grow due to the increased number of people visiting the stadium and local area.

The plans have also received full support from Manchester City Council and the New East Manchester development agency. Sir Richard Leese, leader of Manchester City Council, said “This latest announcement again demonstrates Manchester City’s commitment to the community and developing one of the most deprived areas of the country. The club have a proud history of being heavily involved in the community and this looks set to continue.”

Opinion continues to be divided on Manchester City’s impact on football and this latest announcement has only added fuel to the fire. One thing is for sure, however, Manchester City have arrived and will not be going away anytime soon.

Inoculated City
This was written in 2011 - puts City on the map.

ancoats said:

By the same note they might want to get all the work done while there is on going works.

I get a feeling that the club will announce this stadium expansion and remodel ( if that is applicable ) at the same time as the accounts are announced. try to bury the losses in the news a bit.

grunge said:
ancoats said:

By the same note they might want to get all the work done while there is on going works.

I get a feeling that the club will announce this stadium expansion and remodel ( if that is applicable ) at the same time as the accounts are announced. try to bury the losses in the news a bit.

the plans would have to been put in place already to start on the Stadium Expansion
right away but things are done very fast when money is there without banks loans

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The greatest gift Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon can now do for this club is build the biggest stadium in the country, 100,000.

Make it a tenner for adults, a fiver for kids, we seriously don't need the money.

It should be about planting seeds for generations to come, to ingrain yourself in the psyche of English and world football.

Make it a quid for cup games, give Manchester it's true football club back.

Visiting fans would easily take up the best part of 5,000 each game if we extended the same goodwill towards them.

The multi-millions come from corporate and commercial take-up, money through the gate is chicken feed in the grander scheme of things.

If you set aside boxes, lounges and exec seats you print money, especially if they believe it is with the right club to be associated with.

Players from around the world want to play in front of the biggest crowds, want that sense of occasion.

100,000 people, week in, week out, getting to see the best product in the best of surroundings, at the cheapest of costs.

Our owners aren't stupid, all those fans would be spending millions on the related leisure facilities and hotels, etc.

At some stage it is has to be about winning hearts and minds, creating a legacy further than a few hundred jobs and a wonderful training ground.

What better PR than to be known throughout the world as the club that gave football back to the people.

Amen to that Brother!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.