Stadium Expansion

Went to Ajax a few weeks back.

One of the things thst struck me most about the Ajax Arena was the amount of buildings that surround it.

On the night of the match the place was heaving. It makes City Square and the area around the Etihad look like a ghost town.

I've managed to find a decent picture of the area surrounding the Ajax Arena.

teoLf.jpg

Click to enlarge.

[bigimg]http://www.erwinvoogt.com/luchtfotos/amsterdam_arena.jpg[/bigimg]

Hopefully in the not too distant future the area surrounding Etihad Stadium(Collar site and Etihad Campus) will boast something similar.(a leisure destination, hotels, arena, Conference centre, retial, Office buildings, residential, etc), but much better.

jrb said:
Hopefully in the not too distant future the area surrounding Etihad Stadium(Collar site and Etihad Campus) will boast something similar.(a leisure destination, hotels, arena, Conference centre, retial, Office buildings, residential, etc), but much better.
Ah, MCFC. Ruining the centre of Manchester since, er... a time in the not too distant future.

It seems a no brainer to me and it will happen.

48000 is far too small for a club like City and even 60000 is on the small side.

grunge said:
ancoats said:
the time scale is set for the etihad campus and i cannot see Stadium Expansion
working until the major work is done

By the same note they might want to get all the work done while there is on going works.

I get a feeling that the club will announce this stadium expansion and remodel ( if that is applicable ) at the same time as the accounts are announced. try to bury the losses in the news a bit.
The smart guys on here reckon the losses are going to be much reduced. But it's quite possible that City will use the Financial Results as an opportunity to explain their "Vision".

It's also quite possible that we've all jumped the gun with these "Fan Forums" and they were intended as a Consultation exercise. I don't really see why you'd organise such meetings if you were on the verge of making an announcement.

As ever we are in the world of speculation as no one seems to have the responsibility to communicate what is happening to our club. Perhaps that will change when the new Execs get their feet under the table

Kirkstall Blue said:
Bluep*ss said:
Hi Guys -
This is my first post but I have been reading for years. - including "las Vegas "thread".I have read all 40 pages of Stadium Expansion thread and I have not seen any mention of the "Inoculated Manchester City" site - I think it was in 2011 and contained information about City building a Champions League ground - 70,000 capacity and to be called Etihad Cauldron.
Now I am not 'puter literate so I cannot put a link up but I did Google MCFC proposed Stadium Expansion and came up with the above info.
It mentions Marwood,Hansen and Rednapp - the latter two saying City Ruining football etc.
As I say it might be old news and scrapped but I thought I would tell you about it.
CTID
this article could be the cauldron you read about, wordpress dated Oct 2011 <a class="postlink" href="http://inoculatedcity1894.wordpress.com/tag/man-city-stadium-development/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://inoculatedcity1894.wordpress.com ... velopment/</a> Maybe it's not been scrapped.
quote "The new look stadium, nicknamed ‘the Cauldron’ by City officials, will adopt a Champions League style roof (as pictured) and the capacity will increase from 48,000 to 70,000. Though construction schedules are yet to be finalised it is understood the project should be completed in time for the beginning of the 2014-15 season. If rumours are to be believed, the Champions League final will take place at the ‘Cauldron’ in May 2015. Discussions between City and FIFA are believed to be underway. Both City and FIFA have declined to comment on the matter."

How the heck did that 'cauldron' article get missed? I swear I've read all 2548 pages on the las vegas thread and that was never posted...interesting read...and interesting roof.

Good to see newly appointed Txixi joining us here too...

<a class="postlink" href="http://inoculatedcity1894.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/cl-stadium.jpg?w=300&h=225" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://inoculatedcity1894.files.wordpre ... =300&h=225</a>

The thing about that "roof" is that it seems independent of the "stands"... And are the polygons hollow or glass??? Wouldn't be much protection from the weather if not.

So, they'll just take the current roof off and build this over/round the stands, while expanding the girth of the concourses (restaurants etc) and height of the stands (new seats/boxes)...?

I guess the extra 10k to make 70 would come from filling the corners in.

Can't believe I've not seen that on here before...? Seems reasonable. Or am I getting giddy?

Marvin said:
grunge said:
ancoats said:
the time scale is set for the etihad campus and i cannot see Stadium Expansion
working until the major work is done

By the same note they might want to get all the work done while there is on going works.

I get a feeling that the club will announce this stadium expansion and remodel ( if that is applicable ) at the same time as the accounts are announced. try to bury the losses in the news a bit.
The smart guys on here reckon the losses are going to be much reduced. But it's quite possible that City will use the Financial Results as an opportunity to explain their "Vision".

It's also quite possible that we've all jumped the gun with these "Fan Forums" and they were intended as a Consultation exercise. I don't really see why you'd organise such meetings if you were on the verge of making an announcement.

As ever we are in the world of speculation as no one seems to have the responsibility to communicate what is happening to our club. Perhaps that will change when the new Execs get their feet under the table

Possibly...although I'm not convinced these 'consultations' really exist. By the stage they've announced one, I'd bet every i has been dotted and every t drunk.
At least that seems to be the case with MCC's consultations with building projects.

another generation said:
jrb said:
Ah, MCFC. Ruining the centre of Manchester since, er... a time in the not too distant future.

Aye but we're up against enemies in all quarters and directions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.