Stadium Expansion

dawlish dave said:
ancoats said:
matey the sold out signs have been up for the last 2 seasons

they will need even more chips for level 3 i can see this being a war of chips over prawn butty this needs sorted

Sorry but take a look at viagogo they have 9 pages with about 200 seats for Everton,most likely they will not sell them and its like that for all games bar Unt.extend when we sell 40000 S/T and have a waiting list of 2000.

Why do people keep saying this? It doesn't matter what's on Viagogo.

The last league game City didn't sell out was Fulham in February 2011.

Didsbury Dave said:
dawlish dave said:
ancoats said:
matey the sold out signs have been up for the last 2 seasons

they will need even more chips for level 3 i can see this being a war of chips over prawn butty this needs sorted

Sorry but take a look at viagogo they have 9 pages with about 200 seats for Everton,most likely they will not sell them and its like that for all games bar Unt.extend when we sell 40000 S/T and have a waiting list of 2000.

Why do people keep saying this? It doesn't matter what's on Viagogo.

The last league game City didn't sell out was Fulham in February 2011.

And that was a fucking cold day. It took me and the little un over 3 hours to get home :(

O.K. lets say the stadium is extended by XXX of thousands .

Perfect fine .

I for one are so pleased what our owner is doing for the stadium and the area .

QUESTION ,

I fully understand the tram will help ( when is that going to be ready ? ).

But with any other planning application there are rules , parking , traffic access etc etc .

Has anybody any idea what the legal requirements are , and what the clubs plans are for possible new roads etc etc .

Neville Kneville said:
For all those of you who say we should wait until we sell out midweek cup games before we expand the stadium, seeing as AC/Inter Milan don't do that, when & why do you think we will ?

Question two: can you give any reason for not expanding the stadium other than because you personally are worried about rags etc taking the piss about empty seats ? Any good resaon at all ?

Question 3: as everyone knows, there will be all kinds of shit built around the ground in the future. Do you think they will still be able to knock great big lumps out of the stadium then ? Do you think they should knock down those new buildings while they do the stadium expansion & then re build them or perhaps wait for another 15 years before building the collar site & base the whole thing on whether we sell out midweek cup games ?

Question 4: have you thought any of this through whatsoever ?
Barcelona average about 20,000 less than capacity every season and they're expanding their stadium soon.

After the celebrations of winning the Premier league,the various web sites were full of film clips from numerous pubs & clubs,peoples homes etc of supporters who couldn't get to the game,obviously all these people were not within walking distance of the ground,but if you ask if the fans are there,the film clips show they are.Our fan base has to be among the oldest in the country,all those old'uns have kids,grand- kids.We have to make the stadium bigger as soon as possible to grab this generation.If we don't,that lot from down the road will reap that harvest.

Some rumours floating about on the net/Twatter a week or two ago that Ashton New Road will eventually be rerouted as a result of the campus and 'collar site' developments. Outr absent friend fbloke has been writing a fair bit on this in other places. He may have been KFA on transfers but he seems pretty clued up on the development side of things

Just been sent the plans on PM, not sure if legit

10p4wh0.jpg

Ladybarn Blue . said:
Chippy_boy said:
Marvin said:
Modelling the Etihad on the Emirates? The Manchester middle-class is tiny in comparison. The Cotton Mills have long gone, and London is the Finance capital. manchester is a student capital, has a stubborn public-sector targeted for attack (the worst of which is still to come) and a hard-pressed retail sector. Spinningfields is not Canary Wharf much as it would like to be

yet I must admit there's a serious amount of posh cars in the Car Park outside the South Stand. And it does cross my mind where have these people come from.

Perhaps the club's vision will work, and mine is distorted by my own view of the world. We shall see

My dad was at this match.

OK not as many fans but this how i remember Maine Road as a child .

Price it right and this happens:

Maine Road, 1934 against Stoke, FA Cup sixth round, 84,569 spectators

maine%2Broad%2B1.jpg
Biggest ever attendance at an English match outside of Wembley I believe? Awesome

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.