Stadium Expansion

VisUnitaFortior said:
Ladybarn Blue . said:
Chippy_boy said:
My dad was at this match.

OK not as many fans but this how i remember Maine Road as a child .

Price it right and this happens:

Maine Road, 1934 against Stoke, FA Cup sixth round, 84,569 spectators

maine%2Broad%2B1.jpg
Biggest ever attendance at an English match outside of Wembley I believe? Awesome
That can't be City, we don't have any istreeee

wahablue said:
Our fan base has to be among the oldest in the country,all those old'uns have kids,grand- kids.We have to make the stadium bigger as soon as possible to grab this generation.If we don't,that lot from down the road will reap that harvest.

If for no other reason, THIS is why we need to expand!

Sadly City lost a generation of local floating fans to "them" over the last 30-40 years. Success changes everything and seeing kids come out in their City shirts over the last couple of years is testament to that. We've always been more accessible and priced fairer than the dipshits from Stretford - provided the club continue to do this and continues to be successful there's no reason we cannot build on our already fantastic support.
I've always heard that the club can add 3-5000 seats quite easily without the need for major structural alterations - if that's the case I don't understand why they haven't done t already!

Ladybarn Blue . said:
Chippy_boy said:
Marvin said:
Modelling the Etihad on the Emirates? The Manchester middle-class is tiny in comparison. The Cotton Mills have long gone, and London is the Finance capital. manchester is a student capital, has a stubborn public-sector targeted for attack (the worst of which is still to come) and a hard-pressed retail sector. Spinningfields is not Canary Wharf much as it would like to be

yet I must admit there's a serious amount of posh cars in the Car Park outside the South Stand. And it does cross my mind where have these people come from.

Perhaps the club's vision will work, and mine is distorted by my own view of the world. We shall see

My dad was at this match.

OK not as many fans but this how i remember Maine Road as a child .

Price it right and this happens:

Maine Road, 1934 against Stoke, FA Cup sixth round, 84,569 spectators

maine%2Broad%2B1.jpg

At the time it would be quite normal to "cream some monies off the top" ie not declare the true number of persons in the ground , make it less .
This was quite normal at the time .
Money for the back pockets of the directors !!
If that was the case i wonder what the true capacity was ?
Any idea ?

[/quote]At the time it would be quite normal to "cream some monies off the top" ie not declare the true number of persons in the ground , make it less .
This was quite normal at the time .
Money for the back pockets of the directors !!
If that was the case i wonder what the true capacity was ?
Any idea ?[/quote]

117000, but most were tourists

Crap survey, wants to know 'interest levels' of new areas, not taking into account that you might just be happy where you are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.