Stadium Expansion

As great as those plans look - looking at that just makes me somewhat sad as this has just got disaster written all over it for a large number of fans, people will simply not be able to afford the cheapest of those prices!

blueparrot said:
Middlesbrough_Blue said:
monty silva said:
Exactamundo :(
Why not just put the away fans up there like at Madrid, Munich, Newcastle....
We are about to become what we despise the rags for...not happy

We have already become everything we once used to attack the scum with

Tourist fans, Brand new out of town supporters etc

If we increase the stadium we will not sell out every week, Tickets will go up in price, The mad scramble for cheap tickets will mean everyone relocates and the atmosphere will be even worse week in week out.

We need to stay as we are for several years and build a solid foundation.

Middlesborough blue I presume you are now living in Middlesborough, I myself now live in Scotland, my children are both Scottish born and support City. I suspect without the new owners and success they may not have done.
When they are old enough to come down for games on their own will they be treated as Tourist out of towners you don't want, or should we expand and welcome a new generation of fans and not judge them on accent.

Personally I think out of town support is the sign of a club becoming well known and big, Look at Leeds, Newcastle and the obvious clubs they all have a large out of town support (Who attend matches)

I just think what with our new found wealth and success we have lost the right to have a go at Liverpool, scum, Arsenal fans etc with taunts about supporting their local team. It would make us look a bit stupid. Especially with the flags you now see at city.

When it comes to expanding the stadium (Hopefully in years to come) By then we should have cemented our success with more trophies and the new breed of fans will develop further. Sadly with this we will basically be a modern day man united.

oakiecokie said:
foreverablue18 said:
As great as those plans look - looking at that just makes me incredibly angry and somewhat sad as this has just got disaster written all over it for a large number of fans, people will simply not be able to afford the cheapest of those prices!

Don`t be such a drama queen.

Not in the slightest - I appreciate the need to meet financial fair play and the aim of our owners to expand our global brand etc. I just fear for SOME of the local hardcore support that may be priced out! Surely a fair judgement?

yep. for those stuck on pg58 - what its doing is repeating the offering (eg. Colin Bell or Level 2) but reducing the price on each click of Next - so they're trying to gauge what you're prepared to pay - for the Level 2 thing (which impacts me) there are four/five questions where the price range runs down from £2500 to £1300 (+vat) - I clicked Definitely only on the last one which would be a doubling of my current S/T price - £690 to £1560 - if they allow monthly (or quarterly as indicated in the survey) then I can stand that as I'm on my own - I appreciate that would be disaster for others with multiple S/T's to pay for or less favourable financial situations....

we knew it was coming chaps...

Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A. said:
tonea2003 said:
just filled my survey in,
i'm gonna have to move from east stand level 2
don't think i can afford those big corporate prices.
be gutted to leave my seat

same as - got some great seats in Colin Bell Level 2 - great bunch of people around us but there's no-way I can afford £1500 + as well my kids tickets.

After 24 years of being a season ticket holder - I may consider giving it all up as the family stand "doesn't do it for me"

as long i can afford it i won't be giving up, just need to adjust to the fact i'll to move from the great view i have now, plus a good excuse to get my lads going

Middlesbrough_Blue said:
blueparrot said:
Middlesbrough_Blue said:
We have already become everything we once used to attack the scum with

Tourist fans, Brand new out of town supporters etc

If we increase the stadium we will not sell out every week, Tickets will go up in price, The mad scramble for cheap tickets will mean everyone relocates and the atmosphere will be even worse week in week out.

We need to stay as we are for several years and build a solid foundation.

Middlesborough blue I presume you are now living in Middlesborough, I myself now live in Scotland, my children are both Scottish born and support City. I suspect without the new owners and success they may not have done.
When they are old enough to come down for games on their own will they be treated as Tourist out of towners you don't want, or should we expand and welcome a new generation of fans and not judge them on accent.

Personally I think out of town support is the sign of a club becoming well known and big, Look at Leeds, Newcastle and the obvious clubs they all have a large out of town support (Who attend matches)

I just think what with our new found wealth and success we have lost the right to have a go at Liverpool, scum, Arsenal fans etc with taunts about supporting their local team. It would make us look a bit stupid. Especially with the flags you now see at city.

When it comes to expanding the stadium (Hopefully in years to come) By then we should have cemented our success with more trophies and the new breed of fans will develop further. Sadly with this we will basically be a modern day man united.

You sound like one of those fans who probably thinks we`ve sold our soul and we shouldn`t be moving forward into the 21st century.If you think we don`t need to move with the times then I`m afraid you`re supporting the wrong club.
This was always going to happen whether we like it or not.

if done correctly then it's a fantastic idea, cheaper tickets for those who need them, more corporate options for those with cash, and more seats for the club to grow.

i hope we can add up to 20000 seats, more people paying should surely help the club with FFP, while allowing city more flexibility with prices.

how long would it take to actually add the seats?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.