Stadium Expansion

The ENTIRE second level would be expensive seats? Do we have enough wealthy-ish fans to buy so many seats? Level two isn't exactly tiny.

GXCity said:
jrb said:
I have screen grabbed all the questions. If I get time I will post them tonight. If not, tomorrow afternoon.

Oh, completed the survey.

-- Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:33 pm --

As somebody has already pointed out. The North and South Stands need to be expanded forst before the Collar site and Etihad Campus can be started.

Neither would impact on the collar site plans

if they took the restaurants out at either end north and south how many extra seats would this give, as it looks like these restaurants or eating area are going to be moved on to the concourse

It will be easy to sell the extra season tickets in the North and South stands, but I can't imagine where the club are going to find the Corporate "Clients".

I hope the project isn't dependent on City getting firm interest from Corporate customers.

Presumably we build it, and then try and sell the extra space as you can't sign a contract for something that doesn't exist

DiscoSteve said:
I think they can get those north/south stand 3rd tier seats in really quite easily - but there won't be many rows mid way across (block 335) and more importantly, I can't see any space for a concourse behind them - so at half time they will have to filter across into the existing narrow 3rd tier concourses - gonna get a bit jammed up there methinks...

Bingo!

Just found this on Youtube.

Substitue that stand for the North and South Stands at the Etihad. Note the stadium is still being used while construction of the stand takes place. He also mentions a *club level*.

You can see by this video how the expansion of the Etihad could be done while the stadium is still in use. Obviously the roof at the Etihad adds an additional dimension/obstacle to the stadium expansion plans, which is not evident in the video.

(speakers on)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz3ykFuTaNk[/youtube]

In regard to the proposed extra seating, I find it embarrassing that we cannot sell out most games as it is. To see empty seats when I watch the match back on the TV looks terrible and with extra seating planned I can only think that the amount of empty seats will only increase, making what looks already quite bad on TV look even worse!!

woodymacclad said:
In regard to the proposed extra seating, I find it embarrassing that we cannot sell out most games as it is. To see empty seats when I watch the match back on the TV looks terrible and with extra seating planned I can only think that the amount of empty seats will only increase, making what looks already quite bad on TV look even worse!!
All the League games are sold out and that has been the case for 2 seasons now!

jrb said:
DiscoSteve said:
I think they can get those north/south stand 3rd tier seats in really quite easily - but there won't be many rows mid way across (block 335) and more importantly, I can't see any space for a concourse behind them - so at half time they will have to filter across into the existing narrow 3rd tier concourses - gonna get a bit jammed up there methinks...

Bingo!

Just found this on Youtube.

Substitue that stand for the North and South Stands at the Etihad. Note the stadium is still being used while construction of the stand takes place. He also mentions a *club level*.

You can see by this video how the expansion of the Etihad could be done while the stadium is still in use. Obviously the roof at the Etihad adds an additional dimension/obstacle to the stadium expansion plans, which is not evident in the video.

(speakers on)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz3ykFuTaNk[/youtube]

That's a cracking find jrb

woodymacclad said:

Why are you embarrassed ? Happens all the time at Barca.Think they`re concerned what Real think ?? Why should you be worried about our "silent neighbours" and what they think ?<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:41 pm --<br /><br />
Marvin said:
woodymacclad said:
All the League games are sold out and that has been the case for 2 seasons now!

I think some of these Rags don`t understand this Marv.

How many times must it be said, we sell out EVERY league game. The only way to fill the empty seats is to get the season ticket horders/holders to the ground with a gun to their head. Those empty seats that are paid for can't hold back stadium expansion.

LoveCity said:
The ENTIRE second level would be expensive seats? Do we have enough wealthy-ish fans to buy so many seats? Level two isn't exactly tiny.
That was my thought as well. As long as the traditional fan's catered for as well, and there's additional seating for fans like us, then good luck to the Marketing Team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.