Stadium Expansion

Danamy said:
jrb said:
DiscoSteve said:
I think they can get those north/south stand 3rd tier seats in really quite easily - but there won't be many rows mid way across (block 335) and more importantly, I can't see any space for a concourse behind them - so at half time they will have to filter across into the existing narrow 3rd tier concourses - gonna get a bit jammed up there methinks...

Bingo!

Just found this on Youtube.

Substitue that stand for the North and South Stands at the Etihad. Note the stadium is still being used while construction of the stand takes place. He also mentions a *club level*.

You can see by this video how the expansion of the Etihad could be done while the stadium is still in use. Obviously the roof at the Etihad adds an additional dimension/obstacle to the stadium expansion plans, which is not evident in the video.

(speakers on)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz3ykFuTaNk[/youtube]

That's a cracking find jrb

Cheers that man.

Bit more about the Eastside expansion plans. 6000 extra seats(sounds familiar) and wait for it, over *2000 extra club seats*.(big money/revenue)

Additonal renders show how the expanded stand will eventually look.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yHWG9gLUik[/youtube]

Don't particularly want to leave my current block in CB level 2, some good people there, would be gutted to get separated from them. However, as long as I can afford to go, I will. If they price me out completely, I will be VERY pissed off.

LoveCity said:
The ENTIRE second level would be expensive seats? Do we have enough wealthy-ish fans to buy so many seats? Level two isn't exactly tiny.
I think they could crop the 2nd tier in half allowing for hospitality space and the 3rd tier could be built on top of that.

Marvin said:
woodymacclad said:
In regard to the proposed extra seating, I find it embarrassing that we cannot sell out most games as it is. To see empty seats when I watch the match back on the TV looks terrible and with extra seating planned I can only think that the amount of empty seats will only increase, making what looks already quite bad on TV look even worse!!
All the League games are sold out and that has been the case for 2 seasons now!
cannot agree with this at all. The big clubs are sell out games, thats it. Why all the empty seats then???

woodymacclad said:
Marvin said:
woodymacclad said:
In regard to the proposed extra seating, I find it embarrassing that we cannot sell out most games as it is. To see empty seats when I watch the match back on the TV looks terrible and with extra seating planned I can only think that the amount of empty seats will only increase, making what looks already quite bad on TV look even worse!!
cannot agree with this at all. The big clubs are sell out games, thats it. Why all the empty seats then???
what empty seats? are you sure yuor at the right ground. I spot the odd few in the leauge and thats it.

The number of seats in the Level 2 Club Blocks marked in
leveltwo_04.jpg

is actually far more than 2,000

One assumes it must be half of 201,209,222,230 and all of 202,207,222 and 230

DiscoSteve said:
leveltwo_04.jpg

Yes but if the concourse is expanded and the seats made bigger and plusher this will reduce the numbers

blueparrot said:
DiscoSteve said:
leveltwo_04.jpg

Yes but if the concourse is expanded and the seats made bigger and plusher this will reduce the numbers
Not if your adding 12000+ seats by adding a 3rd tier to the north and south.

dowty said:
woodymacclad said:
Marvin said:
what empty seats? are you sure yuor at the right ground. I spot the odd few in the leauge and thats it.
Look behind goal in north stand. Empty blue seats anyone??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.