Stadium Expansion

The survey was suggesting relatively cheap season tickets in a 3rd tier North and South Stand. All in line with what GXCity has already suggested.

Promising, may find family stand and north stand tioers much higher/steaper if the architect is the same as the original, as he had umpteen designs and I remember one looking same as our stadium now but with two huge goal end stands

I cant believe people are still saying we can not fill every game 60k capacity...

Football is a business, if we only sell out 50% of the games revenue will improve drastically.

The expansion needs doing asap, minimum 60k capacity. Real Madrid is the way forward not everton !

Taking the South Stand as an example. We are talking in the region of 10/12000 extra seats. Assuming 6000 each end, the 10 blocks of level 2 have an average of around 25 seats on each row. That would mean a minimum of an additional 24 rows in a 3rd tier to achieve an extra 6000. Surely the existing concourses at each end aren't wide enough to accomodate an extension on that scale without additional space having to be built as well?

mostonbluemark said:
Taking the South Stand as an example. We are talking in the region of 10/12000 extra seats. Assuming 6000 each end, the 10 blocks of level 2 have an average of around 25 seats on each row. That would mean a minimum of an additional 24 rows in a 3rd tier to achieve an extra 6000. Surely the existing concourses at each end aren't wide enough to accomodate an extension on that scale without additional space having to be built as well?

Why are people always looking for reasons why things CAN'T be done, do you not realise our owners are at a level where if they want something then it WILL be done. They will employ people at the very top of their profession to make sure of that.

Doesn't look like there is enough room for an extra 6,000 seats at each end especially in the corners.
etihad.jpg

They are surely going to have to alter the stadium to fit the seats and necessary concourses in?

Bernard Holford was a guest at a recent meeting of the Knutsford supporters club and when ask about the expansion he said the club had no immediate plans to do it but they had done a feasibility study and it could be done and without any problems to the existing seats.

Well I have just done my survey although I dont think I am the client market they are after. Everything seeme to be 'Are you Corporate......Do you want to be Corporate........ What other Corporate events do you go to.............Why arent you Corporate.............If we give you a free pie would you consider being Corporate'
At the end you are asked to give your comments, somehow I dont think I will be winning the Derby tickets.

Blue Mist said:
Well I have just done my survey although I dont think I am the client market they are after. Everything seeme to be 'Are you Corporate......Do you want to be Corporate........ What other Corporate events do you go to.............Why arent you Corporate.............If we give you a free pie would you consider being Corporate'
At the end you are asked to give your comments, somehow I dont think I will be winning the Derby tickets.

City must know my bank balance as I didn't get this survey, haha....

Gray said:
Doesn't look like there is enough room for an extra 6,000 seats at each end especially in the corners.
etihad.jpg

They are surely going to have to alter the stadium to fit the seats and necessary concourses in?
There ISN'T enough by my reckoning, I've hacked around my previous schematics (original source was Arup like yours) and get a max of seven rows at the thinnest
East West View
[bigimg]http://stevenicklin.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/COMS55EW.jpg[/bigimg]
Plan View of NE Corner
[bigimg]http://stevenicklin.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/COMS55NSPlan.jpg[/bigimg]
By my rough and ready calcs its only between 1500 and 2000 in each quadrant, so a 6000-8000 jump on top 47,500 gives only 53,500 to 55,500 UNLESS this third tier overhangs the 2nd tier exec boxes / restaurant by more than it does at the sides...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.