Stadium Expansion

andyhinch said:
I assume you all know how these things work? Outline planning permission etc, its not just throwing up a garden shed and hoping no one notices
Surely there will be a splash of announcements by the club first! ;-)

My 'photoshops' were entirely based on the premise the roof had existed without the north end once-upon-a-time. If that's not possible long term, then it might be used whilst ends are constructed to increase capacity before a wholesale summer roof rip down...

I forgot to mention that PL rules state that stands have to be covered - so taking the roof off one stand (let alone the whole ground) would require PL dispensation.

BlueAnorak said:
I forgot to mention that PL rules state that stands have to be covered - so taking the roof off one stand (let alone the whole ground) would require PL dispensation.

PL rules state that the majority of seats need to be covered

Strangely that means that the much lauded Camp Nou would not be allowed as a venue in the worlds greatest league.

andyhinch said:
kramer said:
Neville Kneville said:
The engineer in charge of it not happening ?

Stonie is right. I amongst others have repeated this numerous times the roof structure design is such that it cant be modified without a major change that affects the whole roof. Its not impossible but the major problem is the amount of time when the work can be done is so short and the H&S regulations will make it difficult to work during the season The pictures earlier, although worthy attempts, are impossible. I know that the best brains will be put to work on this and a solution will be found I envisage a totally new structure unlike anything we have seen before in this country I would also expect Ashton New Road to be diverted as there is not a lot of space at the southern end.
Not sure your talking to many engineers on here tbh

The words 'difficult' & 'not impossible' & 'new structure' are the key here imo but not 'new ground'.

fbloke said:
BlueAnorak said:

PL rules state that the majority of seats need to be covered

Strangely that means that the much lauded Camp Nou would not be allowed as a venue in the worlds greatest league.

Really? Do people still believe this? The world's best three - five players are in Spain. I think the teams at the bottom are maybe a little worse than in the prem but you have teams like Valencia, Malaga etc who are stronger than Newcastle, Liverpool IMO.

Also it's quite a sensible rule that our stadiums have to have a roof! We are in England!

BlueAnorak said:

This can be obtained if it is for the duration of construction.

We had it for about 2 years while ours was expanded:

sjp5.jpg

Also think the rags have had this in the past before?

A lot of guys seem to be getting a hang up about the roof. It would appear that whatever the clubs plans for expansion are, it has been resolved. I suppose the logical thing to do would be to try build up and over starting from the existing ground level. If they can then provide safe access and egress from the ground on match days that would negate some of the Health & Safety issues. Whatever the plans are like many others i think its going to be stunning. Its also going to be interesting to see how they get over the lack of space issues at the North & South areas of the ground. Can't wait.

Extend both ends, make the south stand one bank of standing, bring back the gene kelly stand so the away fans can watch in a car park and charge them 40 quid at least

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.