Stand or Sit?

I've moved from an all standing area to an occasional standing area for the view. Standing at the side would be the ideal, but unfortunately is not a choice. I just hope the sitting games are still enjoyable and I dont live to regret my choice.

I still can't believe the money we pay and we're treated like a bunch of children and have to be told how we should watch the sport we love and helped to make.

SingBlue said:
When I was a kid, early 70s, my Dad had seats in the North Stand. I reckon it was 2 years of going to every home game before I actually saw a goal coz everyone would stand up whenever we went forward. Now I take my kid (7 yrs old) and although I understand, it does irritate that he can never see anything exciting coz of the jack in a boxes in front of us. I feel bad after every goal I get the same question "What happened Dad? What happened Dad?".

why can't your lad just stand of his seat, surely he hasn't missed every goal in every game he's ever been to and didn't once think maybe if i stand on my seat i will see over the shoulders. generation after generation of your family apparently have not thought of this. a genetic flaw?

I'm in the standing section so I might be a bit biased towards standing, but I don't think I'm a selfish twat for wanting to stand up.

On the rare occasion at an away game when the person behind me is sat down and can't see past me, I;ll sit down too. I had a woman sat behind me at Oldham who wanted to sit down (she was on the back row) and so I asked if she wanted to swap seats. That way I could stand and she could sit. Happy days.

Obviously it's very rarely that easy, but if more people want to stand up than the standing section holds, can City not just make the standing section bigger? Less hassle, less arguments. If they can do it of course.

Not this old chestnut again!!

I know lets start a safe smoking thread to within this thread.

So here goes I think all smoking should be banned from inside of the perimeter fencing outside of the ground so that the fan zone the lot. There should be a zero tolerance on the this matter and anyone not wishing to be comply should be forcebly ejected.

mike1923 said:
I'm in the standing section so I might be a bit biased towards standing, but I don't think I'm a selfish twat for wanting to stand up.

On the rare occasion at an away game when the person behind me is sat down and can't see past me, I;ll sit down too. I had a woman sat behind me at Oldham who wanted to sit down (she was on the back row) and so I asked if she wanted to swap seats. That way I could stand and she could sit. Happy days.

Obviously it's very rarely that easy, but if more people want to stand up than the standing section holds, can City not just make the standing section bigger? Less hassle, less arguments. If they can do it of course.

we were about half way up directly behind the net and it looked like everyone was standing from row1.

As was said above we've got a good informal system at the minute as everyone knows where they stand (pardon the pun).

SS116-119 and 111-108/9 will stand and generally the rest of the ground will sit down. Those who sit elsewhere can move into the "standing areas" and vice versa.

If it ain't broke...

I'll buy a ticket for the lower tier and then walk to 117 to stand next to my mate, works every time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.