State Pension Increases

Really surprised if they don't go with the triple lock. They don't want to piss off the pensioners with an election looming in the not too distant future. If the FOC's don't vote Tory, who will?
My thoughts exactly.
Surely Rishi understands that, and overrules Jeremy Hunt and his treasury department.
Otherwise he is committing political suicide in my opinion.

Bump.
Looks like another bumper increase to state pensions from next April (2024).
Earnings have increased by 8.5 % in the last 3 months, so unless inflation increases by more than 8.5% (it's forecast to be around 7% this month) the average increase in earnings will prevail (Triple Lock Guarantee).
As Del Boy would say. -
" Luverly Jublee " !!!
They’ll weasel out of it if they can….already talking about deducting public worker bonuses from the figure. I would count my fingers after shaking hands with any of the cunts…

Not a pensioner btw

My thoughts exactly.
Surely Rishi understands that, and overrules Jeremy Hunt and his treasury department.
Otherwise he is committing political suicide in my opinion.
Unless they want to commit political suicide because they know the state the country’s in and want to see Labour struggle so they can get in again at the election after next.

Unless they want to commit political suicide because they know the state the country’s in and want to see Labour struggle so they can get in again at the election after next.

If you think that the Tories want to actually win the next GE you're bat shit crazy..... they'll want Labour to sort out the shit that they will leave behind. (as they usually do)

They're actually clawing back money from stealth tax as they've frozen the personal allowance for six years I think. For the 20% tax payer that stands at a paltry £12,570 a year. They always target the poorest people in society, backed up by the media scum. The most reprehensible thing I've heard is people are living longer. Oh sorry about that give me the blue pill and as soon as I've stopped making money for big business and the government I'll take it. What about the many that don't make pension age? In the last year I've know at least four people who've died at 56, 60, 62 and 64. They've already saved millions too by raising the retirement age for women from 60 to 65/6. Fuck them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.