Stephen Ireland Unhappy With Contract Progression.

It is disappointing to read all that!
One, because City clearly have not discussed the propsals of a contract and negotiated a fiar balance between what he wants and what they are willing to pay with Steve!
And two, that Ireland has come out and said anyting at all to anybody about his contract! Theres already enough bad press on us and to talk about not being happy with contract talks and saying it isnt in his hands and he might not sign is very immature and damaging! Dont get me wrong the club should pay him player of the year wages but he should keep his bloody mouth shut! Especially in this current economic climate where people are unable to keep hold of their houses and are being sent out on their arses having their houses repo'd - and heres another greedy footballer grumbling about not earning as much in one week as some people earn in 8-10 years!

And in a few games over the last few months Ireland has been very poor and he should be greatful that he's getting a decent enough offer, whether other people are getting more or not! He has had a very good season but he needs to do it next season, if he does then he can say; "look ive proved it for 2 years now that i am a top performer at this club, now can i been offered more money!"

mcfc_forlife said:
Andouble said:
Kaka would soften the blow I'd say

kaka could never soften the blow. stevie is one of THE best midfielders in the EPL if not THE BEST and would be one of citys greatest losses EVER if he went. but i cant see him going anywhere but forward for us blues

I think he is one of the best up and coming midfielders in the Prem but Essien and Gerrard are out of this world, and Lampard, Fletcher, Febragas, Arteta are also very good established players. Ireland is the best of a new group but not at the level as Essien or Gerrard yet, they are unbelievable!

@bb - was it not nedum saying he'll play for whatevr he's paid?

hope we get this sorted asap. we should just pay him what danny sturridge wants paying - i'm sure that's plenty ;-)

danburge82 said:
One, because City clearly have not discussed the propsals of a contract and negotiated a fiar balance between what he wants and what they are willing to pay with Steve!
And two, that Ireland has come out and said anyting at all to anybody about his contract! Theres already enough bad press on us and to talk about not being happy with contract talks and saying it isnt in his hands and he might not sign is very immature and damaging! Dont get me wrong the club should pay him player of the year wages but he should keep his bloody mouth shut! Especially in this current economic climate where people are unable to keep hold of their houses and are being sent out on their arses having their houses repo'd - and heres another greedy footballer grumbling about not earning as much in one week as some people earn in 8-10 years!

And in a few games over the last few months Ireland has been very poor and he should be greatful that he's getting a decent enough offer, whether other people are getting more or not! He has had a very good season but he needs to do it next season, if he does then he can say; "look ive proved it for 2 years now that i am a top performer at this club, now can i been offered more money!"

Have to agree with the first element of this...at the moment there is a lot of media attantion on people and wages. Coming out and saying `I believe I should get £80k' (or thereabouts), whether right or wrong, shouldnt really be done in public for obvious reasons.
In the end so what if it takes 6 months to sort a contract out; he has 3 years left on his current one, AND there are huges amounts of money involved. I`m sure in close season it will be sorted, like most contracts are..
Again it could just be media spin, and he does stay he wants to stay, but there seems to be players consistently voiced opinions in public when they shouldnt do (Elano 2 weeks ago, now Ireland)..in fact, only Onouha this season has come out and said how much he loves the club, and doesnt care how much money other people are on.
Personally there seems to be too much of this in football *in all teams), these days, I would just get rid of anyone who voices a negative opinion to the press. Yes it should be encouraged..but to the club, to the manager, not to the public.
Thats just my opinion..although I`m sure Brian Clough would have agreed! :)

Can someone point me out where

1) steven Ireland has said i want x amount of money
2) city have said we'll only pay you x amount

from what I read theres not bin a demand for money or an offer yet. I think he's just that desperate to commit to the club long term that it's becoming frustrating to him that the club arent as desperate to give him a new contract

Unfortunately for us bridge was on 85k a week and we gave him a 10% rise I understand similar to Bellamy who was on about 70k a week at west ham like Lucas neill hence they wanted shot of him.

We paid those players the rate we had to to get them.

I am sure we will give stevie 75k or so and he will settle for it. Only the rags or Chelsea would pay more and even then not much more and I doubt any other team in the world would match ít as this is not much less than kaka and messi earn!

I really think people should chill and stop worrying over this; it happens at all top line Prem clubs - and make no mistake, we are now one of those - (eg Chelski with Terry, Lampard, rags with Ferdinand etc); it's all part of the negotiations.

Anyway, I'd be very surprised if it had been completed before the end of the season; after all, there were a few games to play, and the manager's position to be sorted before diverting attention to a contract. My guess is the contract will be agreed and signed in June, with no real problems.

He'd take some replacing, but if needs be it could be done, would not be the end of the world. Although I do hope he stays for many years to come.

I think this is all a little premature from the media anyway. City have discussed no contract yet with current staff but I think we all know Ireland is in line for a whopping pay rise this summer. And a 5 year contact too if he wants it.

danburge82 said:
I presume he felt the need to counter mark hughes remarks saying he was close to signing. Hughes' comments were not only public, they were clearly bullshit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.