Stephen Ireland Unhappy With Contract Progression.

wilf9 said:
All I can say is the press must be way off with, what we have offered him. I presume, it will have realistically been around 60 a week like Elano and Petrov.
That's exactly what the Guardian says. 60K a week for the first year, rising 10K a week per year based on performance.

Dubai Blue said:
wilf9 said:
All I can say is the press must be way off with, what we have offered him. I presume, it will have realistically been around 60 a week like Elano and Petrov.
That's exactly what the Guardian says. 60K a week for the first year, rising 10K a week per year based on performance.

I havn't seen that I was going off the 4 player's claiming we had offered him 80 the other week, what they are quoting seems about right. When Johnno is sat on 50, and Richards sat on between 50-75. I wouldn't sign it either.

Dubai Blue said:
wilf9 said:

IF true then id find that derisory, to be player of the year & the best City player this season by a country mile & then to be offered less than Bridge & Bellamy ??? i'd tell em to sod off.

If they've not offered him parity with the likes of Bellamy and Bridge, then I can understand his frustration...

Ireland's been a bit stupid saying them comments to the press IMO.Give them a shit story to run so they can stir up more shit. I'm almost certain cooke and the rest of city's hierahy are busy at the moment meeting and trying to secure players for next season. He should just keep his head down and play his football and I'm sure in due time the club will sit down with him and his representives and thrash out a new deal. I can't see why we would'nt give him a new deal but as hughes said last week about elano's contract " we have more pressing issues at the moment", I think the same applies to steve, he just needs to be patient

I dont think we should be worried. Ireland clearly wants to stay and I can fully understand why he would want parity with the likes of Wayne Bridge and Bellamy.

He's probably made those comments to get the fans on his side and get the club to make a move on. There is no way that Hughes will let him go. A contract will be signed before the start of next season

Damned if you do and damned if you don't but the situation is that there currently is no contract on the table for him to sign. There have been ongoing discussions since December/January and from what I am led to believe Steve has been extremely patient. It's very easy to level the accusation that he should just keep his head down and say nothing when the fact is he's been doing that both on and off the pitch, in his performances, his training ethic both at City and outside of City, his continued public support both of manager and club and in general his growing maturity as a person. I know for a fact Steve wants to finish his career here at this club, when he finally hangs up his boots he wants his legacy to be talked about in the same manner as Colin Bell, he genuinely loves the fans and the support he receives and he is always prepared to give up his time to stop and talk to supporters.

I will say this again there have been negotiations, discussions, meetings call it what you like but to date there is no contract on the table with a structured payment based over whatever period of time for him to sign.

Cheltblue said:
Dubai Blue said:
1894 said:
Ireland is spot-on in saying "10th in the league is a failure". Why can't everyone else see that ?
I can.

And me. Ok, not quite everyone, but thats 3 now.

Yeah but, no but...but Hughes has just been unlucky, it was'nt his fault. I'm sure next season we will be flying!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone else remember the article where stevie said that 'money is not an issue for him' and that he'd be happy earning what he earns now for the rest of his career? This was only a few weeks ago.

This smacks of an agent filling his head with magic and mentioning liverpool/Utd to him.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.