Stephen Ireland Unhappy With Contract Progression.

Since Hughes does not conduct transfer negotiations I doubt if he is responsible for contract discussions either (other than to decide to keep or release players)

I'm not sure, he said that he wouldn't have allowed Sturridge to enter the last year of his contract if he was manager so he must be prepared to accept some responsibility for player negotiations.

Re: Stephen Ireland Unhappy About Contract Delay?

dannyboy91uk said:
"We're all gutted – very, very disappointed; speechless, to be honest, that the season is over and we can't do anything about it now," he said. "We expected to do better in Europe and we should have done better in the league to get there again.

"We just have to pick ourselves up now. We have to get rid of our frustration next weekend [against Bolton] and start like a house on fire next season. Hopefully next season will be very positive for us."

Very refreshing to hear that some people are disappointed with the way things are gone.

9th may 2009...please read again if you think Stevie's going.<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5298719,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 19,00.html</a>

I think there would be only one other club to tempt Ireland away from City and that is Arsenal since they have fuck all money to splash the cash Ireland should stay. If Arsenal did come in for him I wonder if he would leave City and play in that Arsenal team. Wenger is a World Class manager and if you beleive what you read in the papers he rates Stevie highly.

I hope they sort it out as Ireland has been briliant and if more of the senoir players put in preformaces to the standard that Stevie did then we would be higher up the table. Next season will be a harder season for Stevie and I hope he can keep playing to the standard he has been because teams will be targeting him more than any other player in our team. I just hope other players give more than what they have this season. I would say by the end of the week or when the Club player of the season is named they will have sorted something out for Stevie.

Just shows how amazingly run our club is, player of the season, probably the only lad at the club who says he'd like to stay for life yet we can't be arsed sorting out a contract for him.

Pathetic once again, I try to pretend the club has changed over the years but when it comes to the big things we seem to be as embarrassingly inept as usual.

Next season we'll probably see Robbie Savage playing the Ireland role whilst Superman is running his balls off and playing sexy football for another club.

Great.

I posted what I had heard on Saturday...spoke to four people and haven't got much more <a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=121708&p=1957344#p1957344" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=121708&p=1957344#p1957344</a>

Whatever the situation is...Ireland deserves a big pay rise...his effort, progression as a player, perfomances and consistency deserve to be rewarded...other players should see hard work etc being rewarded. If Ireland does go or puts in a transfer request I see that as something that will undermine Hughes' position plus be bad in media for City and to prospective signings generally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.