Stephen Ireland Unhappy With Contract Progression.

Danamy said:
nickson71 said:
Bluemoon115 said:
adzmcfc134 said:
Utter tripe!

If Ireland gave that interview, then I'm the Pope.

He did give it, but he said much more, have a look round and try and find the full transcript.

But people shoudl ask themselves, on a day when Mark Hughes is confirmed as boss for next season, is it merely co-incidence that something that will divide all quaters of the Blue camp comes out?

any chance of a link I'm not having to much luck find the full transcript

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/may/18/stephen-ireland-contract-manchester-city

As requested ^^^

Thanks
but I'm after the full transcript not just the bit's that have been twisted to the guardians means

Re: Stephen Ireland Unhappy About Contract Delay?

So...if everyone thinks they're better than wayne bridge we end up with a £200m wage bill. Bridge isn't better than Ireland but surely that's the reality at all football clubs - the management felt he was the best left back we could get and, with him already being on top wages at a top four club that was what it took to get him.

What are Kompany, De Jong and Zabeleta on? Less I'd assume so that's not such a story!

60/70/80 sounds pretty good to me. Player of the year but still young, and this is his first great season - that contract must make him one of the best paid twenty two year olds in the country (and probably the world).

A new contract that starts off at the same level as Benjani!?

A progressive contract might be "sound business practice", but I wouldnt blame Stevie Ireland for feeling a little irritated by the offer.
Benjani wages...

They've probably taken this from an interview with him weeks ago and mixed it with newish stuff.

I remember when they did that with Micah about wanting to go to Arsenal.

Danamy said:
svennis pennis said:
Theres one poster who can clear this up in an instant. Im sure he will when he sees it.

He's at Eastlands tonight for the ex-players annual dinner but i'm sure he'll put us in the picture tomoz

Just back from a cracking night with some genuine real legends who told us all some great stories of the 69' Cup victory. When asked about how he felt about his winning goal Neil Young replied "it was like that moment in the film Pretty Woman when Julia Roberts goes down on Richard Gere and the expression on his face says it all" the room collapsed with laughter as James H. Reeve struggled to hold it all together. Hope James is much better after becoming ill towards the end of the evening and it was good to see him sat upright as I was leaving. I'm sure de nero will post the pictures tomorrow. Great to chat to Paul Lake amongst many others and it really makes you proud to be a Blue, it was also a pleasure to sit on the same table as Roy Cheetham and Busby babe and Munich crash survivor Albert Scanlon, I felt quite humbled when I asked for his signature and he said Thank You to me.

Oh yeah Steve's contract lets clear this all up in an instant...its true.

Andouble said:
true that he might quit?

I do not want to put words into Steve's mouth and I certainly do not want to misrepresent his thoughts or for that matter the club's position on this and so for tonight due to the late hour I am going to sit on the fence until tomorrow.

He has never said he wants to quit. I will state quite categorically that Steve would love nothing more to stay at City his whole career but that has to be reciprocated. In his words to me on Saturday evening I want to be talked about by the fans of City in the same way they talk about Colin Bell. He will comeback and be a better player next season he is determined of that and I believe he will, his desire for success at City is as strong as all of ours. I can't speak highly enough of him to be quite honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.