Stephen Ireland Unhappy With Contract Progression.

Blue2112 said:
Andouble said:
true that he might quit?

I do not want to put words into Steve's mouth and I certainly do not want to misrepresent his thoughts or for that matter the club's position on this and so for tonight due to the late hour I am going to sit on the fence until tomorrow.

He has never said he wants to quit. I will state quite categorically that Steve would love nothing more to stay at City his whole career but that has to be reciprocated. In his words to me on Saturday evening I want to be talked about by the fans of City in the same way they talk about Colin Bell. He will comeback and be a better player next season he is determined of that and I believe he will, his desire for success at City is as strong as all of ours. I can't speak highly enough of him to be quite honest.

cheers for the update mate. Really hope he does stay he's the biggest blue in the ground on match day in my eyes. Crackin player to boot, always knew he'd make it.

Andouble said:
Kaka would soften the blow I'd say

kaka could never soften the blow. stevie is one of THE best midfielders in the EPL if not THE BEST and would be one of citys greatest losses EVER if he went. but i cant see him going anywhere but forward for us blues

He's going no where.

Last week he said he wants to be the Giggs of City, and he can do that if he wants if he plays the way he has, he can only get better.

For a 21/22 year old 60k a week is a phenominal wage in this game nevermind 80k, especially for someone from the academy. Isnt Hart still on 9k?

Stevie is the player all our fans have an affinity with, he's ours, our club made brought him through the ranks and put their faith in him and he's repaying that faith by playing the way he is, I dont believe this story for a second, and if it is true, get it signed son, you have your whole career ahead of you to worry about higher wages, you earn more in a week than I will in the next 7 years.

I think the club should just ask Stevie what it would take to sign him and give him that. He has been BY FAR the most concistent player for us this season and has been increadible. If he wants 75 - 90k then give it to him. He has the ambition and the ability to become a true great.

These sorts of problems will continue to occur whilst we don't have a proper wage structure at the club.
The players on contracts that were signed before the takeover will be mightily pissed off to see the likes of Bridge & Bellamy on huge salaries compared to them.
Players look at Robinho & don't moan so much about his salary as they know he's a big name but when average players are on silly money then you have to wonder how that will effect the players on lower wages.
I know the lower paid players are still on big money but put yourself in their shoes, how would you handle being on less money than your workmates in your place of work ? In my case i'm fine with it if they deserve it but i'd be upset if people joined the company i'm employed by & then i found out they were on double/triple my salary for doing the same job & in some cases not doing the job half as well as me.
It's very easy to go from loving a job with a specific company to hating it overnight, especially if you feel hard done by or let down.

Re: Stephen Ireland Unhappy About Contract Delay?

The InvisiBLUE Man said:
I hope this is just more rag see you next tuesday journalism...

if not, the club better get it sorted as soon as bloody possible. to be honest, if wayne bridge was earning more than me, i'd be pretty p155ed off too!

Erm, so you earn more than Wayne Bridge ? Are you an MP ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.