Stephen Ireland

Mothball said:
Be a Championship player before long.Think the illness scare last year affected him badly

....and you still believe that? Personally, at the time I thought he was faking and certainly a scan in hospital revealed nothing. Step forward Stephen McKeith Ireland.

Whilst I take no delight in his career stalling I cannot help but think it the the fault of nobody else except this talented, but complicated young man who appears not to apply himself in his work. Would the real Stephen Ireland, the one that we knew as Superman please stand up.

auction294 said:
Mothball said:
Be a Championship player before long.Think the illness scare last year affected him badly

....and you still believe that? Personally, at the time I thought he was faking and certainly a scan in hospital revealed nothing. Step forward Stephen McKeith Ireland.

Whilst I take no delight in his career stalling I cannot help but think it the the fault of nobody else except this talented, but complicated young man who appears not to apply himself in his work. Would the real Stephen Ireland, the one that we knew as Superman please stand up.

Well, you thought he was faking, I thought and think the exact opposite. I think he did have serious medical problems.
I also thought the way he transformed from a slightly-built semi-promising graduate of the youth academy around the margins of the first team squad into a miraculous box-to-box muscled centre-mid dynamo was rather, erm, surprising. I'm sure the two things were unrelated though, eh?

chesterbells said:
auction294 said:

Well, you thought he was faking, I thought and think the exact opposite. I think he did have serious medical problems.
I also thought the way he transformed from a slightly-built semi-promising graduate of the youth academy around the margins of the first team squad into a miraculous box-to-box muscled centre-mid dynamo was rather, erm, surprising. I'm sure the two things were unrelated though, eh?
Careful.

Turned my little brother into a blue with that mid-air volley against Reading. Thing of beauty.

Then cocked up by squealing to the press about lack of opportunities after producing cock-all for a year.

chesterbells said:
auction294 said:

If you are talking about the Stephen Ireland that was disgusted with the team performance at Middlesboro and trained like a dervish in the close season, then I fully agree he had a fantastic season. Hence my comment would the real Stephen Ireland please stand up.

Actually, yes I do believe the night he went to ground with a mystery condition was not a genuine 100% health related scare, faking possibly. The big clue was when he had tests at hospital and nothing was found to be wrong. Also, he does have previous with stretching the truth. At that particular time his form, for whatever reason be it personal or a break down with the manager was not great, sections of the crowd were starting to get on his back and when given a chance, if memory serves me correctly it was the Scunthorpe cup game at home his contribution albeit very , very brief was not his best. He then pulls up with a mystery , undiagnosed and never to be repeated health scare. This isn't a personal attack on him, this isn't disputing season 08/09 he was outstanding. I am merely saying that his form at Villa so far hasn't been the best and what he is capable of. As Craig Bellamy said on Sunday, Ireland was the one talent that stood out for him when he joined the club. Considering we had Robhino & Elano at the club that was indeed high praise.

clubfoot said:
Houllier has slaughtered him in public today. Some quotes:

"He doesn’t defend, he doesn’t run back, he loses too many balls in crucial areas."

"He needs to work harder. We support him 100%, but he needs to work harder."

Stephen Ireland is better than this .....

i don't know what's gone wrong with the lad ........

i'll ask his gran when i see her!

lol isnt it as simple as he was a one season wonder? I used to laugh how some people used to say Fergie and Wenger will come in for him and we will regret selling him....he's just a meh player

southern muppet said:
gooney said:
lol isnt it as simple as he was a one season wonder? I used to laugh how some people used to say Fergie and Wenger will come in for him and we will regret selling him....he's just a meh player

Pretty much this, to be honest. And Gareth Bale is this year's Stephen Ireland.
I think Bale is overrated right now, but he wont go the Ireland way, he has his speed that will always make him a threat and tbh he seem to have much better attitude than Ireland

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.