Stephen Ireland

dave_blue12 said:
If you look at the Chalkboard it says that Pires only gave the ball away when attempting a pass into the penalty area whereas SI misplaced passes outside the Penalty area and in potentially dangerous areas to Villa.

Tells me that Pires will soon be starting and SI will be getting splinters (at best)

Yep, it's pretty telling looking at that chalkboard. A 37 year-old Pires outshining Ireland despite playing less than a quarter of the game.

M18CTID said:
dave_blue12 said:
If you look at the Chalkboard it says that Pires only gave the ball away when attempting a pass into the penalty area whereas SI misplaced passes outside the Penalty area and in potentially dangerous areas to Villa.

Tells me that Pires will soon be starting and SI will be getting splinters (at best)

Yep, it's pretty telling looking at that chalkboard. A 37 year-old Pires outshining Ireland despite playing less than a quarter of the game.

It's also rather telling about how few times Ireland got on the ball in his 68 mins, hiding away.

Noticed it a couple of times when watching him for Villa, he doesn't make space to receive the ball, he literally hides behind an opposition player so that the pass to him isn't on.

Shame as he is quite obviously a much better player than he is showing.

Rammy Blue said:
M18CTID said:

It's also rather telling about how few times Ireland got on the ball in his 68 mins, hiding away.

Noticed it a couple of times when watching him for Villa, he doesn't make space to receive the ball, he literally hides behind an opposition player so that the pass to him isn't on.

Shame as he is quite obviously a much better player than he is showing.

Yes, the fact that he spent triple the amount of time on the pitch that Pires did yet only attempted 4 more passes doesn't reflect too well on him. I suppose it could be argued that Pires came on in the latter throes of the game when I presume Villa upped the attacking ante due to being behind but it still doesn't go very far in accounting for Ireland's lack of action.

I suppose my problem is that while watching the game on TV I thought he was doing OK. A few inches either side and two of his passes could have led to goals - but I suppose you could say that about too many of his performances. Against Chelsea though he was really quite good in the first half but I concede it's not been repeated.

clubfoot said:
Houllier has slaughtered him in public today. Some quotes:

"He doesn’t defend, he doesn’t run back, he loses too many balls in crucial areas."

"He needs to work harder. We support him 100%, but he needs to work harder."

No point posting it on here mate, the same people will blindly believe in him and stick there fingers in there ears and close there eyes and pretend that 2 seaons ago wasnt a flash in the pan!

No hiding from me i was and still am a massive Ireland fan. Ok hes lot the plot a little and is very off form!.

BUT

There is no need for the constant slagging off from our fans, can we not wish a former blue the best for his career?

OhDannyBoy said:
No hiding from me i was and still am a massive Ireland fan. Ok hes lot the plot a little and is very off form!.

BUT

There is no need for the constant slagging off from our fans, can we not wish a former blue the best for his career?

No because he left us opened his mouth in the press confrence and all this shit and bile fell out of it!!

I find it offensive that so many on here are revelling in the problems of Ireland. At times he was magical for us. Mancini didn't fancy him so he left. I really wish him all the best and I hope he gets his career back on track and soon.

OhDannyBoy said:

BUT

Ireland is dead to most blues after despite walking away with a huge payoff and a bumper contract at Villa, he still couldnt resist taking a swipe at everybody at City.

He blames everybody but himself - always has done. The Villa fans have turned on him already.

The bloke is a **** and I hope we get a chance to tell him that you dont slag of blues after they have supported you for years - but i doubt he will be anywhere near the Villa team by the time we play them. Hes only in the team now due to their injuries.

ifiwasarichfan said:
I find it offensive that so many on here are revelling in the problems of Ireland. At times he was magical for us. Mancini didn't fancy him so he left. I really wish him all the best and I hope he gets his career back on track and soon.

Why?

So when he slags off the club that gave him a chance in life that doesn't bother you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.