Stephen Ireland

Superman.jpg

I think this says Superman is better than Pires but I could be wrong

johnny crossan said:
Superman.jpg

Not sure how you have come to that conclusion, JC.

Ireland played 68 mins and Pires 22.

Ireland was very poor for Villa against Rovers. Those stats may say he had a completed pass rate but few of them had any impact, much like him as a whole. He refused to get stuck in, was pushed out of the game easily, and the fans grew tired of him too. We paid 16 mil for Milner because Ireland isn't worth much or any of the 8 mil or whatever he was valued at in the deal. He has become a completely ineffective player who never seems to do anything at all. This is why even Sidwell is preferred to him most games.

Had a quick look on Villa Talk earlier and he's been getting a widespread slating, many of whom have pretty much written him off already. I've not seen any of his displays for Villa but it seems he's not just been guilty of poor play but also not putting the required effort in.

It's a sad state of affairs for a player that clearly has bundles of ability, and while I wasn't at all impressed with some of the things he said when he left us part of me still wanted him to do well for Villa. If he's not trying hard enough though then he only has himself to blame.

johnny crossan said:
Superman.jpg

massively wrong!

can see a move to old trafford for stevie in the summer or jan perhaps.

clealy not working for him at villa,ferguson is a keen admirer of his too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.