Steven Ireland - my apology - I was wrong

Joycee Banercheck said:
Top post. The guy has turned almost everyone's opinions (those that were negative anyway). His dedication and determination to improve himself as a player is inspirational to anyone in any walk of life. You put the work in and you will reap the rewards. Not only is that setting a great example to the kids of today, it made me realise that if I upped my workrate in my daily grind then I'd see the benefits too and I have.

Not only that, he seems to have grown as a person as well. I doff my cap. For a 29 year old bloke I get rather emotional thinking about it all.

Thanks Superman. You've restored my faith in footballers. I love you.

Great post, great thread...

Like everything else in life it all boils down to two things.........ATTITUDE and CHARACTER....Stevie obviously has both in abundance....and l thought it was only old soft twats like me who got emotional about fancy-dan footballers.

A man of the people and a Blue through and through, he is gonna be a legend. Brilliant OP some of the other lads need to sit up and take notice. I think we should adopt Stevie as a Manc.

Damocles said:
To the bloke from Ireland's foundation:

Please convey all of our messages of respect to Stevie. We gave him alot of stick, and instead of whinging about it, he got his head down and worked his bollocks off. Forget the MOM performances nearly every game, just for this alone we love him. He will become one of the top players in the world, mentioned in the same breath as Kaka and Messi if he continues on this path.

We wish him good luck, and will be supporting him all the way.

Some really nice comments on this thread, I am going to show this to Stevie tomorrow. If there's anything you want to say to him post it here. Oh and forget asking about transfers, believe me he hasn't a clue, I had to tell him about Gareth Barry :-)

Cheers everyone

Joycee Banercheck said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
I am glad to say i stuck up for him so much the last couple of years even getting called clueless when i said this lad will be one of Europe's best.

He is a LEGEND!!
That is the only thing you have ever got right though ;)

I know, i once said that Joycee Banercheck was one of my favouritre posters on Bluemoon ;-)

Beadle said:
Damocles said:
To the bloke from Ireland's foundation:

Please convey all of our messages of respect to Stevie. We gave him alot of stick, and instead of whinging about it, he got his head down and worked his bollocks off. Forget the MOM performances nearly every game, just for this alone we love him. He will become one of the top players in the world, mentioned in the same breath as Kaka and Messi if he continues on this path.

We wish him good luck, and will be supporting him all the way.

Some really nice comments on this thread, I am going to show this to Stevie tomorrow. If there's anything you want to say to him post it here. Oh and forget asking about transfers, believe me he hasn't a clue, I had to tell him about Gareth Barry :-)

Cheers everyone

Tell him to make sure he takes a good break somewhere in the sun, don't want to burn him out before he's 25.

An example to all academy graduates, that if you have the talent and the work ethic, you can make it!

Would love to see him at the World Cup next year for Ireland but as long as he's playing well for City im happy!

Stephen is an absolute credit to both himself and the club, and we're extremely lucky to have him. If he's still at City in five years time, I've no doubt that both he and the club will be near the top, will have won a few things and be challenging for more. I think he can be that good.

I think he's great, and I'm going to stop now before I start to blub ;-)

The most improved player in the world by a mile. Steven Ireland has got the lot, if we dont hurry up into the big four the cream will be queing up for this boy.

This kind of post makes me proud to be a City fan. Well done mate and well said.
CTID.

PS Saint (Superman) Steve Irland should be Knighted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.