Stoke (merged)

Re: Stoke Fans - Forum

A few thugs in the Stoke team,Huth and Shawcross spring to mind,Not bad at the lock in and premeditated atmosphere that is the Britannia Stadium,cant see them outdoing the likes of Yaya toure and co at wembley.
Pullis beginning the mind games on ITV tonight in his after match comments,he stated symbolically that Stoke had got where they are through Evolution rather than(Citys) Revolution?Was always the way of managers to get a quick dig in before their respective teams go to war.

jamiegrimble said:
A few thugs in the Stoke team,Huth and Shawcross spring to mind,Not bad at the lock in and premeditated atmosphere that is the Britannia Stadium,cant see them outdoing the likes of Yaya toure and co at wembley.
Pullis beginning the mind games on ITV tonight in his after match comments,he stated symbolically that Stoke had got where they are through Evolution rather than(Citys) Revolution?Was always the way of managers to get a quick dig in before their respective teams go to war.

This final is going to be juicy as hell. The managers are both hungry: Pulis wants to avenge 1999, Mancini wants to keep his job, so there will be plenty of hunger here. The teams are also hungry: we want it to get our first trophy for 35 years, they want it to get their first FA cup ever.

I have fears about Stoke. They play some of the ugliest football in Britain, but its very direct and aerial. City really seem to struggle with that strategy. I was at Wembley in 99, and I remember Pulis had Gillingham doing the exact same thing. Smash it up for the big men to run onto, and I fear Stoke will do the same. kinda worries me that we have a backline worth hundreds of millions, but they can't seem to cope with long throws

oakiecokie said:
I`ve always stated that if Stoke ever played at the bottom of our garden,I wouldn`t even open the fookin curtains to watch them !!
Not an option come May,unfortunately !!
Haha that sounds like a shankly quote.If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden,Id pull the curtains.Classic put down.

Soulboy said:
Stokies have a "thing" about Manchester.

Being stuck in a 1970's time-warp, hidden between the two large conurbations of Manchester and Birmingham, they have a city with no distinct local culture, famous for nothing, no style or fashion.

No history in football, no history in music, they live in a region scarred by squalor and motorways... all they are known for is 50 year old baldy fat blokes that still wear Stone Island and Rockports.

They copied the Bananas with Pink Panthers, they copied Blue Moon with Delilah, they copied the Twisted Wheel with The Torch, all their songs are pinched, usually, from the rags, their most bitter rivals, yet one which they most admire.

They hate City and Manchester with a passion. In much the same way as Jordan hates Peter Andre.

They actually really want to be us...
I've been to Stoke. And my word - what a dump it was.

Soulboy said:

Being stuck in a 1970's time-warp, hidden between the two large conurbations of Manchester and Birmingham, they have a city with no distinct local culture, famous for nothing, no style or fashion.

No history in football, no history in music, they live in a region scarred by squalor and motorways... all they are known for is 50 year old baldy fat blokes that still wear Stone Island and Rockports.

They copied the Bananas with Pink Panthers, they copied Blue Moon with Delilah, they copied the Twisted Wheel with The Torch, all their songs are pinched, usually, from the rags, their most bitter rivals, yet one which they most admire.

They hate City and Manchester with a passion. In much the same way as Jordan hates Peter Andre.

They seem to have a big problem with mancs. speaking to one of citys old faces who said stoke had 300 down there on saturday and called it on with both city and utd. will be a bit of trouble for the final imo

mcfcgaz said:
Soulboy said:

They seem to have a big problem with mancs. speaking to one of citys old faces who said stoke had 300 down there on saturday and called it on with both city and utd. will be a bit of trouble for the final imo
You are obsessed with football violence. Turn off Football Factory and stop going on about it like some sort of badboy yardy

Leaving the ground outside an offy I saw a Stoke fan with his mate singing on his own, it was hilarious in the middle of thousands of Blues

cleavers said:
Soulboy said:
Be fair isn't Robbie Williams from Stoke ? Albeit a Port Vale fan :)
And Phil Taylor......football wise Stanley Matthews and Gordon Banks played over 500 games between them for Stoke.

Im sure Slash was brought up there too and Lemmy from Motorhead.

But i agree apart from Robbie Williams, Phil Taylor, Stanley Matthews, Gordon Banks, Slash and Lemmy what else is Stoke known for?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.