Stoke (merged)

Re: Stoke Fans - Forum

Paulmcfc2703 said:
cleavers said:
Be fair isn't Robbie Williams from Stoke ? Albeit a Port Vale fan :)
And Phil Taylor......football wise Stanley Matthews and Gordon Banks played over 500 games between them for Stoke.

Im sure Slash was brought up there too and Lemmy from Motorhead.

But i agree apart from Robbie Williams, Phil Taylor, Stanley Matthews, Gordon Banks, Slash and Lemmy what else is Stoke known for?

Football violence. They are a rum outfit Stoke. I remember getting peppered with bottles under the bridge.

gaudinho's stolen car said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
And Phil Taylor......football wise Stanley Matthews and Gordon Banks played over 500 games between them for Stoke.

Im sure Slash was brought up there too and Lemmy from Motorhead.

But i agree apart from Robbie Williams, Phil Taylor, Stanley Matthews, Gordon Banks, Slash and Lemmy what else is Stoke known for?

Football violence. They are a rum outfit Stoke. I remember getting peppered with bottles under the bridge.

Leeds away in the 70's was let's say in the past!

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
gaudinho's stolen car said:

Leeds away in the 70's was let's say in the past!

Strictly speaking I was talking about Stoke, but I think I know what you mean mate. Ideally the whole sorry football violence affair will be overlooked for the Final.

Soulboy said:
Stokies have a "thing" about Manchester.

Being stuck in a 1970's time-warp, hidden between the two large conurbations of Manchester and Birmingham, they have a city with no distinct local culture, famous for nothing, no style or fashion.

No history in football, no history in music, they live in a region scarred by squalor and motorways... all they are known for is 50 year old baldy fat blokes that still wear Stone Island and Rockports.

They copied the Bananas with Pink Panthers, they copied Blue Moon with Delilah, they copied the Twisted Wheel with The Torch, all their songs are pinched, usually, from the rags, their most bitter rivals, yet one which they most admire.

They hate City and Manchester with a passion. In much the same way as Jordan hates Peter Andre.

They actually really want to be us...

brilliant post brother

MCFC BOB said:
I think Stoke will win. We don't understand how to play against them, and we haven't beaten them since Mancini's first game in charge of us.
You also think the mexican pokemon is one of the greatest strikers in the world...I'd take the opinion of an octopus before yours.

Port Vale play in Burslam.
Stoke City play in Stoke.
Burslem and Stoke are just two of the five towns forming the potteries. Not 100% sure but I guess that Longton, Hanley and Newcastle-u-Lyme might be the others. It has no real centre and hardly classifies as a city either. Having graduated from their local university (Keele), where I spent three happy years back in the late-70s, I am glad to see Poke (as we students called them) enjoying some success, but they will be no match for Manchester City. If we can handle the long throw-ins, we will win by two clear goals. Playing them a few days later in the league should also be an advantage to us, as we have a much better/bigger squad than them and their players will be knackered. My only concern is that we play Spurs a few days earlier and I fear that some of our divas may hold back in that game and cost us a CL place. Hopefully, Roberto will use the squad rotation system correctly to avoid any disappointments.

Talked to a couple of their fans online, they really wanted to match up with us. Now they got their wish. Can't say they worry me more than any other squad. Anything can happen in 90 plus minutes.

Port Vale play in Burslam.
Stoke City play in Stoke.

Ian Fraser "Lemmy" Kilmister (born on 24 December 1945 in Burslem)

As a City fan, ask a Port Vale fan if they are from Stoke.

I'm sure we can appreciate their answer!

Thats what i was going to say , got a few Vale mates , stayed in Burslem a lot , Vales hatred of Sjoke is legendary.

Stoke-on-Trent comprises of six towns, Arnold Bennett missed one of them out. Tunstall, Boslem, Up Hanley Duck, Stoke, Fenton and Longton. Other "notables" it has produced include Nick Hancock, Anthea Turner, Bruno Brooks and Jackie Trent who co wrote the themes to Crossroads and Neighbours. They keep going on about a local businessman owning them, but Bet 365 is a global organisation and makes a lot of its profit from the Asian market, so they too are indirectly financed with Arab money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.