Stoke V City Post Match Discussion Thread [Merged]

Thought Tevez would be on earlier but Bobby knows a hell of a lot more than me! In all the doom & gloom let's not forget the performance against Chelsea but good god we're not half struggling away from home.

Re: Stoke V City Post Match Discussion Thread

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
Blue126 said:
We blew it today...

typo city...we played an average team and we blew it, Tagart will love this result!

We should have put them to bed at least 3-0

Balotelli average to poor..he thinks he's the finished article?

Dzeko his confidence was killed by not being picked when he was scoring for fun..if you don't get picked then when are you?

we blew it

Mancini has blown it.

Dzeko is not some spotty teenager who missed his chance to go to prom, we can't keep passing his lack of skill, intelligence, vision, first touch or passing down to a lack of confidence because he never got picked about 5 months ago, he's played consistently recently, he should be scoring some goals. Tevez has been absent for what seems like an eternity, he apparently hates Mancini, Manchester and England as a whole, he hates the weather, he has no friends, he can't get a decent meal anywhere and his family are thousands of miles away yet he shows more heart and desire to succeed in the 2 cameo roles he's had so far than Dzeko has in about 10 previous games.

Put simply, Dzeko is not good enough for where we want to go, maybe he lit Germany up with that one spectacular season a couple of seasons ago but he's the type of player that crops up every few years; has a wonderful season, moves to a bigger club outside their comfort zone and falls to shit; Luca Toni, Crespo, Shevchenko, Forlan, Berbatov, etc. All good players until they join a bigger and better club.

One thing that has not been mentioned.

Stoke in the EL got done 1-0 at home by a Spanish club (i forget which) recently.
By all accounts they played a game similar to ours but they were simply better at it so it would seem.

Lot's of passing and tactical play, so basically we played the same but were not as good as the Spaniards at it.
You have to be very good to overcome Stoke's high energy game with our usual tactics and we simply were not today.

I'd have thought by now that most football fans would have realised that whether your Barcelona, Man Utd or Man City, you are not playing an ordinary match at Stoke.

And anyone can concede a wonder goal. Some credit for City for getting something out of this game

imtangledupinblue said:
Its exactly what we thought would happen. It happens to us year after year at the Brittania what did we expect, play them off the park and win 4 or 5 nil. You think we would have learnt how to play them by now, some things never change.

Correct it is our annual non-win there just like we have an annual defeat at Everton no matter how crap they are or how good we are - weeks ago I would have been happy with a point here so nothing has changed.

Scum would not give up now even if the fixtures were reversed.

imtangledupinblue said:
Its exactly what we thought would happen. It happens to us year after year at the Brittania what did we expect, play them off the park and win 4 or 5 nil. You think we would have learnt how to play them by now, some things never change.

we scored 5 of them when the stakes were just as high, if not higher, with 3rd division talent.

A team with our talent should be winning at Stoke City.

Marvin said:
I'd have thought by now that most football fans would have realised that whether your Barcelona, Man Utd or Man City, you are not playing an ordinary match at Stoke.

And anyone can concede a wonder goal. Some credit for City for getting something out of this game
Good post.

Barcelona would piss on them though ;)

Anyway lads....seeing you are all at least £50,000 grand a year better off!

Can ya please give me a Job?...

So I can afford to see ya...and give ya a real bollicking :)

Joking apart...I need a Job?..I am over fifty..but forgotten..but have responsibility's ...I am just forgotten by are government!!

And by the way you where totally shite!!!!

Yes, I have a mind!

In our situation 2 points dropped but a draw was fair. For me, our squad is very strong but, as many fans have said all season, lacks pace and width. We are simply too predictable. That said we can still win the league and hopefully trade in some of our loan players and buy that pace and width for next season. United will cock up somewhere and we must be ready to take advantage. This just might be the point that wins us the title. Chins up everyone time to get tough not soft.

Re: Stoke V City Post Match Discussion Thread

Jackson-ctid said:
Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
Blue126 said:
We blew it today...

typo city...we played an average team and we blew it, Tagart will love this result!

We should have put them to bed at least 3-0

Balotelli average to poor..he thinks he's the finished article?

Dzeko his confidence was killed by not being picked when he was scoring for fun..if you don't get picked then when are you?

we blew it

Mancini has blown it.

Dzeko is not some spotty teenager who missed his chance to go to prom, we can't keep passing his lack of skill, intelligence, vision, first touch or passing down to a lack of confidence because he never got picked about 5 months ago, he's played consistently recently, he should be scoring some goals. Tevez has been absent for what seems like an eternity, he apparently hates Mancini, Manchester and England as a whole, he hates the weather, he has no friends, he can't get a decent meal anywhere and his family are thousands of miles away yet he shows more heart and desire to succeed in the 2 cameo roles he's had so far than Dzeko has in about 10 previous games.

Put simply, Dzeko is not good enough for where we want to go, maybe he lit Germany up with that one spectacular season a couple of seasons ago but he's the type of player that crops up every few years; has a wonderful season, moves to a bigger club outside their comfort zone and falls to shit; Luca Toni, Crespo, Shevchenko, Forlan, Berbatov, etc. All good players until they join a bigger and better club.

Sorry all those players are exceptional talents and have done well at the highest level. Its just some players are notsuited to certain leagues or clubs. Think Torres and Huntelaar at Madrid and Milan. Both fantastic players but did not suit a particular style. Dzeko is a great player just not for us he would do well at a Liverpool or Everton type club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.