Stoke V City Post Match Discussion Thread [Merged]

Andouble said:
imtangledupinblue said:
Its exactly what we thought would happen. It happens to us year after year at the Brittania what did we expect, play them off the park and win 4 or 5 nil. You think we would have learnt how to play them by now, some things never change.

we scored 5 of them when the stakes were just as high, if not higher, with 3rd division talent.

A team with our talent should be winning at Stoke City.

A team with our talents should have hammered them period

Generally, picking up a point at Stoke is a decent result, but when the club have been wittering on for weeks now that "every game is now a Champions League final" you realy do have to question the performance from today.

If we ever do make a Champions League Final, I pray that we show more bottle and nous than we did today. A cowardly showing from far too many of them who are out and out "homers".

Do we blame the players for lack of desire, and pace and commitment, and all the other intagibles that bring a team succes?

Or is it down to the manager for repeating the same mistakes at just about every away ground these past three months? No width, no urgency, as much as I hate to say, but we are increasingly looking clueless in the final third of the pitch on our away days.

Up until today I never doubted that we would win the Premiership this season; but I now feel at this moment in time that the willingness to be brave and actually go out and take the title is lacking, and I can't see us getting it back. I expect another victory next week against Sunderland, then it's back to grinding out results at Norwich, Arsenal, Newcastle... and I no longer see it happening for us.

I said after the Swansea game tht it was now all about botle, and did we have it.Two wins in nine away games suggest not.

Comrade Buka said:
Ragnarok said:
Well, todays draw has made all of our remaining matches a must win. It can be done.

Yes, our away "form" will magically change on its own.

With everyone fit there´s no reason why we can´t win at least 3 of them. None of them will be as difficult as today. Stoke are just coonts at home end of. Arse will give us space as will Toon. 3 wins and a draw will make things very interesting to say the least. It can change very quickly. Even Ferguscum thinks it´s going to the wire. I hope there´s a history of strong tickers in my family!!!

Tevez did look quite good though, imagine if he was 100% and had been here all season, the frustratingly inconsistent duo of Dzeko and Mario would have been less of a problem as we could have dunked them both on the bench regularly instead of just one. I don't like Tevez for what he's done but he is still miles ahead of Dzeko and Balotelli as an overall footballer. Balotelli is the most frustrating because you can see how good he could be sometimes.

And Micah still looks like a good central defender after all these years playing right-back.

Soulboy said:
Generally, picking up a point at Stoke is a decent result, but when the club have been wittering on for weeks now that "every game is now a Champions League final" you realy do have to question the performance from today.

If we ever do make a Champions League Final, I pray that we show more bottle and nous than we did today. A cowardly showing from far too many of them who are out and out "homers".

Do we blame the players for lack of desire, and pace and commitment, and all the other intagibles that bring a team succes?

Or is it down to the manager for repeating the same mistakes at just about every away ground these past three months? No width, no urgency, as much as I hate to say, but we are increasingly looking clueless in the final third of the pitch on our away days.

Up until today I never doubted that we would win the Premiership this season; but I now feel at this moment in time that the willingness to be brave and actually go out and take the title is lacking, and I can't see us getting it back. I expect another victory next week against Sunderland, then it's back to grinding out results at Norwich, Arsenal, Newcastle... and I no longer see it happening for us.

I said after the Swansea game tht it was now all about botle, and did we have it.Two wins in nine away games suggest not.
Totaly agree, couldnt have put it better.

What a piece of work Pulis is ?

Last 2 minutes Stoke have a corner................what do they do ? Waste Time

Last minute..Stoke have free kick.......what do they do ? Waste time

Beggars belief.............Fergie will give him a bollocking tomorrow

fanakapan said:
What a piece of work Pulis is ?

Last 2 minutes Stoke have a corner................what do they do ? Waste Time

Last minute..Stoke have free kick.......what do they do ? Waste time

Beggars belief.............Fergie will give him a bollocking tomorrow

Last 30 seconds, we get a free kick - what did Nasri do?

Gave the ball straight to a Stoke player!

FFS we should have piled everyone up in the box and hooffed if in there!

Re: Stoke V City Post Match Discussion Thread

mancityscot said:
good result in my opinion . stoke are cunts, their fans are cunts and their manager is a ****, but they play rough kick and rush football, it works and to their credit played well. we werent, but still got a result. not great but not awful

exactly. even then they scored from a cross.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.