Stoke V City Post Match Discussion Thread [Merged]

LoveCity said:
I like how Nasri is suddenly to try and grab the games by the b@lls more, being more direct, getting crosses in (some good ones too), and showing some variety. Unfortunately it coincides with Silva losing form completely or the two of them together might do a lot more damage. The problem role to me is the other central role, neither Barry or De Jong seem to be able to drive us forward and if we're signing Javi Martinez maybe he and Yaya can co-exist in the middle despite their similarities.

Maybe we should try Silva in a more deep-lying role, he has the work rate and responsibility, and even when in form has never been a great threat in front of goal (fluffs many easy chances IMO), and let Nasri go the more advanced role.

Joke clearly treated this game as their opportunity for Cup final revenge. We denied it them which makes their pathetic Poznan attempt at a piss take all the funnier. We just have to focus on next Sat. Fortunately the Mackems have to focus on more important things next Wed. If they get through they´ll have on e eye on a Wembley semi. With a full squad we can win 3 and draw 1 away as none of our remaining oppos will be anything like as desperate and downright filthy as Joke today. Norwich will be tricky but if we get the win there I would feel quietly confident. We hit peak form the end of last season and the Arse and rags surely can´t win every game on in can they?

It really could come down to the derby

FantasyIreland said:
member222 said:
We need a winger who can cross, DESPERATELY! Just my opinion

It's really not just your opinion,just wish our manager shared it.......

I agree with that, but it's hard to criticize Mancini on this forum without any backlash... I don't care for the name of the player, I care for a winger who can effectively and consistently cross the ball into the box for our strikers. This is a MUST for our club.

Also, if it was up to me, I would've given Kolarov a few more chances on the left wing earlier in the season to see how he holds up.

member222 said:
I agree with that, but it's hard to criticize Mancini on this forum without any backlash... I don't care for the name of the player, I care for a winger who can effectively and consistently cross the ball into the box for our strikers. This is a MUST for our club.

Also, if it was up to me, I would've given Kolarov a few more chances on the left wing earlier in the season to see how he holds up.

So who is to blame for our lack of squad depth/variation if not Mancini??

He has a fixation with central midfielders and a style of play that will probably cost us our title.

Kolarov - thats just grasping at straws....

Next week we'll hopefully have Kompany, Lescott and Aguero fit and available.

That'll sure up the back four and add some fight up front. And with some luck, we can start our strongest XI from now on until the end of the season.

jimharri said:
city91 said:
For the remaining away games does anyone else think Mancini should play Kolarov on a wing? just get him to stay wide and deliver crosses and offer the balls into the box for Dzeko. Width and crosses seem to work for the rags and its obvious its what we need.
Forget it. Mancini doesn't believe in wingers (check our line-ups for the majority of this season). AJ is out of the side more often than he's in it, and he's our lone specialized winger. Bob has a blind spot when it comes to width.

hmm, in case you haven't heard, Aalexis Sanchez is a winger and was at the top of Mancini’s list and want it to sign the Chilean winger so bad

Didn't Mancini talked "Alessio Cerci" target after missing out on sanchez, yes???
I certainty remember Mancini asked the club on many occasions to sign the Italian winger yes ??? didn't he urged the board to bringing in targets early July for pre-season....I think so

pudge said:

That'll sure up the back four and add some fight up front. And with some luck, we can start our strongest XI from now on until the end of the season.

If you think all 3 will be back for the next game you live on a different planet.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
pudge said:

If you think all 3 will be back for the next game you live on a different planet.

Why's that then?

Nelly's Left Foot said:
pudge said:

Sergio Aguero ‏ @aguerosergiokun
I hope to recover for next Saturday. We have important commitments to attend and I want to be there.

Joleon Lescott ‏ @JoleonLescott Close
lookin good for next week

Vincent Kompany ‏ @VincentKompany
Update on my injury. Recovery going well but tomorrow is still to early, the aim is the Sunderland game. Working hard to come back stronger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.