Stoke V City Post Match Discussion Thread [Merged]

away form is so poor..
we start playing decent after 50mins why?
we have like 50 passes before we try to make the perfect goal

what a poor match

FantasyIreland said:
member222 said:
I agree with that, but it's hard to criticize Mancini on this forum without any backlash... I don't care for the name of the player, I care for a winger who can effectively and consistently cross the ball into the box for our strikers. This is a MUST for our club.

Also, if it was up to me, I would've given Kolarov a few more chances on the left wing earlier in the season to see how he holds up.

So who is to blame for our lack of squad depth/variation if not Mancini??

He has a fixation with central midfielders and a style of play that will probably cost us our title.

Kolarov - thats just grasping at straws....
Our title? dont know any city fans who think this is our title

MackAttack said:
I am sorry but we look so confused with defenses that are well disciplined and aren't stretched out. We keep trying to walk our way into goal. Its like we are trying to be Barcelona II but it is not working. Nasri can never be Xavi, Silva can never be Messi, Johnson can never be Alves, Dzeko can never be Villa. We simply cannot rely on this anymore. Mancini is not using the players the right way I am afraid to say. All I see us doing is trying to go down the middle and that is it. Nasri is constantly limited to one-way passes. Johnson sometimes breaks out of the rules and tries the wings but he is incredibly selfish when he actually does break through and ends up confusing himself. Dzeko cannot apply pressure because he is not that type of striker, he is a classical finisher who needs support especially from wingers. Silva is being relied upon too much in this team now, its almost as if he is Plan A and Plan B and nothing else is left for us to hope for, I think he needs a rest above all.

Overall, crap performance by City. Do not like what I am seeing.

From Our Own Correspondent on BM.....Reports from Barcelona, Spain.

why doesn't the media point out how bad Dzeko is? Only some city fans seem to realize this? It seems like everyone is carrying him but he is just NOT GOOD ENOUGH for city. WAKE UP MANCINI!!!!!

Walked back from the ground to the station via Hanley centre. I wouldn't recommend it. Stoke are fucking wankers.

Lucky Man said:
MCC said:
Lucky Man said:
Not at all Just gutted. In hindsight, Liverpool may rue the 2008/09 season when they didn't take their chance when the title was in sight. I'd hate for that to happen to us this season. You can't just assume we'll have another bite at the cherry. I feel it was ours to lose and that we will lose this one. Gutted. Tears in my eyes even writing this.

Jog on rag boy

don't call me rag. Anything but that please. What am I saying wrong? This was a terrible result for us today. Call me a glass half empty kind of fella but I'm gutted but also a realist.

Your some 'sleeper' raggy. 2006 an so many posts!!!! what a life you must have....

I was never really convinced that we'd win the league anyway, but it's safe to say it's gone now.

A draw away at Stoke isn't that bad of a result considering their goal was a 1 in a million strike.

The most disheartening thing about today is that after we equalised, we couldn't even conjure up one bit of pressure on Stoke in the last 15/20 minutes. It was almost embarrasing how Stoke had the better of it after we equalised, and we were the team who genuinely had something to play for.

It's all got too predictable i'm afraid, away fixtures at teams who will put up a bit of a fight are games where we'll drop points. We won't beat any of Norwich, Arsenal and Newcastle away the way we're playing. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to take their emotions out of it and just look at the situation as it is... We haven't put in a good performance away from home since the 6-1, and there is no evidence what so ever to suggest it will improve, if anything, it looks like it could get worse.

blue b4 the moon said:
Lucky Man said:
MCC said:
Jog on rag boy

don't call me rag. Anything but that please. What am I saying wrong? This was a terrible result for us today. Call me a glass half empty kind of fella but I'm gutted but also a realist.

Your some 'sleeper' raggy. 2006 an so many posts!!!! what a life you must have....

he's clearly not a rag, just a pissed up blue. to be fair he's right, we have blown it and it was ours for the taking.

brian the blue said:
I was never really convinced that we'd win the league anyway, but it's safe to say it's gone now.

A draw away at Stoke isn't that bad of a result considering their goal was a 1 in a million strike.

The most disheartening thing about today is that after we equalised, we couldn't even conjure up one bit of pressure on Stoke in the last 15/20 minutes. It was almost embarrasing how Stoke had the better of it after we equalised, and we were the team who genuinely had something to play for.

It's all got too predictable i'm afraid, away fixtures at teams who will put up a bit of a fight are games where we'll drop points. We won't beat any of Norwich, Arsenal and Newcastle away the way we're playing. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to take their emotions out of it and just look at the situation as it is... We haven't put in a good performance away from home since the 6-1, and there is no evidence what so ever to suggest it will improve, if anything, it looks like it could get worse.
Amazing that all these so called city fans keep telling us who we wont beat aint it gets you thinking...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.