Stoke Vs City (FA Cup) Post match Discussion Thread

Rather than start a new (and probably pointless) thread, I just thought the defence deserved a special mention today. I'm struggling to remember Pants having a serious save to make, which is no mean feat at the Britannia given their usual aerial bombardment.

i thought tevez and milner were a bit below par but the rest of the team were good.gaz baz and zab garcia and lescott all top drawer.i thought costel did well today apart from 1 kick in the 1st half.distribution better than joes today.

black mamba said:
Ruddles81 said:
Well done Blue boys. These early KOs never seem to be great but job done and in the hat for R5.

A special mention to Stoke's incredibly basic fanbase (the ones who turned up that is) with their furious booing everytime we got a free kick. Never heard such an easily outraged bunch of people.

I was taken aback a bit when i saw the many gaps in the home support stands .... i thought they would have been well up for this in a 27,000 capacity ground .... fair play to the fans of both sides who did turn up though , they were awful conditions outside the ground , and it must have been freezing.

Looks like Stokes form of late had put a few people off going , but we could easily have sold more tickets if they'd been offered to us.

I live down the road in Stafford and was half tempted to don a pair of comedy thumbs to join the locals... Wish I had now

£20 a ticket playing the champions in the FA cup and only 15 and a half thousand Stoke fans turned up.
I know the weather was shit but that's pretty grim.

stony said:
£20 a ticket playing the champions in the FA cup and only 15 and a half thousand Stoke fans turned up.
I know the weather was shit but that's pretty grim.

Didnt stop 4,000 City fans turning up ..

jimharri said:
Rather than start a new (and probably pointless) thread, I just thought the defence deserved a special mention today. I'm struggling to remember Pants having a serious save to make, which is no mean feat at the Britannia given their usual aerial bombardment.

Absolutely .....

our back line did play well , and the midfielders also chipped in with a bit of protection too .....

i recall Pantilimon saving one hopeful low shot , but aside from that he had little to deal with .... didn't make any mistakes though with the odd bit he did have to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.