Stoke Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Berkovic_blue said:
citytill1die84 said:
flb said:
You do wonder in all of this where is the guy who knows the Premier League inside and out.[/quot

Dropping Navas and Aguero today is nothing short of a disgrace, I will add Dzeko and Fernandinho to that.
The guy is clueless , all this shit about knowing what the PL is like, really.

We've been given the runaround by Cardiff , Hull and to a lesser extent a Mark Hughes managed Stoke City.

Anybody have any idea why Edin wasn't involved today ?

Runaround in which all 4 of these players played in.

LOL,good point. Don't expect to get a reply to that

:)

citytill1die84 said:
flb said:

You do wonder in all of this where is the guy who knows the Premier League inside and out.[/quot

Dropping Navas and Aguero today is nothing short of a disgrace, I will add Dzeko and Fernandinho to that.

We've been given the runaround by Cardiff , Hull and to a lesser extent a Mark Hughes managed Stoke City.

Runaround in which all 4 of these players played in.
If we are honest we went 1 up through Dzeko. Then in his wisdom Pellegrini brought off Navas for Nasri. That move fucked us over that game.

citytill1die84 said:
flb said:

Runaround in which all 4 of these players played in.[/quo

Tactically naive in this league fella , as clear as Steve Bruce being a fat bastard. Mancini is way in front I'm afraid tactically

It was concerning performance but I am still backing Pellegrini to get it right.

BlueAnorak said:
flb said:

Starting on Tuesday with Aguero and Fernandiniho is my guess.
Not happy with what I have seen so far, but all in all can't fault the team selection today. Some ridiculous comments

daxman said:
Vienna_70 said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
I think all that can be said about today is that as we know away at Stoke for us is always tough. We have never beaten them away in the Premier League, and we probably never will. At least we have come through this game not playing well by any means with a point and a clean sheet.

I just hope Garcia and Kolerov don't play to many more games they were both absolute gash. But a good point at the end of the day, another game gone with Kompany injured boy we need Vinnie back asap. That point today may end up being significant come the end of the season.

What game were you watching?

Garcia was easily our best defender and Kolarov did well.

Nastasić was the one who let us down today; apart from the near own goal, he made several mistakes that almost let Stoke in.

I keep seeing folks slagging Garcia, and I am getting angrier by the thread. It irks me when average players are made scapegoats even on days when they had a fine game.

This was Gareth Barry's cross for a whole season 2 years ago. Now Garcia is the new whip boy. And if that doesn't work, call Yaya lazy and suddenly, you hit the daily double. :(

As I said, I didn't see the game today, but some people that apparently did, are totally split when it comes to who played well and who didn't. Now you can't tell me that that's a matter of opinion. It tells me that some are far more clued up than others. If you haven't got a clue, stop wafflin shite and admit you're just clueless ;)

flb said:
kippaxblue76 said:
flb said:

Could have enhanced his supersub tag but didn't get the chance.

It's a disgrace mate , Edin performed well against Newcastle and Hull then is binned without a trace, Nasri inaffective on the road again starts instead of Navas.

Cant agree there mate, Dzeko was poor against Hull and subbed at half time, hence Negredo starting today, as for Nasri......

Stoned Rose said:
An interesting shift seems to have occurred.

The last 3 games have seen teams not park the bus against us but instead they've actually had a right good go and on all 3 occasions IMO gotten the better of us, especially in the middle third.

That in itself tells me something is different.

I think they call it a '2 man midfield'.

It doesn't suit our personnel and playing that way with a patched up back 4 to protect is very arrogant, very stupid or both.

Imo to win games in this league it's almost essential to control midfield. Controlling midfield does two things i) it takes the heat off the back 4 and ii) it allows you (in theory) to create chances to score. Mancini was very very big on this and imo was spot on in this aspect (he did get other things wrong though).

If we go with a 2 man midfield the scum will obliterate us mark my words.

The Plzen game is now pivotal. Should we not win that game the pressure on the manager and players will be immense going into the derby and the 'doubts' will be pervasive.

The 2 man midfield has to go.

I'd go 4-5-1 v Plzen. Flood the midfield and control the middle third. The rest will come as a result of said control.

Well spoken. The boss needs to sort this out very quickly. We HAVE to get control of the middle third. It's bleeding obvious that we have been overrun in that area by teams who no one expects to feature in the top half of the table.

Another area that he needs to sort straight away is Zab occupying the space that Navas should be operating in. Zab is suffocating Navas.

I don't feel that disappointed tonight. It was a crap performance and getting a point seems ok from this game. After Cardiff and Hull I've lowered my expectations for this season and, given our poor record away at Stoke, a draw won't look so bad in a week or so. Clearly MP doesn't know his best team yet and with so many injuries and new signings still bedding in it's been a testing start to the season for us. There was a real opportunity for some players to press a claim for a regular starting place but most of them passed this by. Need a massive improvement on recent games if we are to challenge this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.