Stoke Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Early days yet...but what did concern me is that our title rivals look more cohesive and move the ball faster than we do. We will see.

Marvin said:
allan harper said:
That was a shit performance,again. Mansour will be asking where his £100 million as gone, it's not been seen since it left his wallet.
Half of it is in the treatment room whilst the other makes its debut at Stoke.

I think he'll understand. It's not that hard
Football is a squad game and taking that into consideration how many of Stoke's squad would have made it into yesterday's team?

None! Irrespective of who we had injured man for man we were still stronger than Stoke so injuries is not an excuse in my book.

We've looked woefully inept since pre-season and I see nothing that gives me confidence that anything is going to change soon. As I predicted when the Cabal started the Mancini out campaign on his appointment, whoever the next manager would be it would descend into a ex manager v current manager debacle and this has been the case. Mancini, love him or hate him has gone so we have to work with and settle for what we have.

The fact is that Pellegrini has got a CV of not winning a major trophy in Europe BUT one where he gets his teams to punch well above their weight. It makes sense that if you give him the tools, in time he will bring success, but time isn't a luxury we have.

It's too early to start carping on about success when the season is only 4 games old and I believe Pellegrini is the man to take us forward, but please nobody tell me not to be worried about our performances so far citing injuries as an excuse. We've got a SQUAD to match anyones so with injuries, suspensions and loss of form taken into account, our performances should be far superior to what we've seen so far.

Worried? Yoiu're dead right I'm fucking worried!

how many of Stoke's squad would have made it into yesterday's team?

None!

Begovich, Huth, Shawcross, N'Zonzi, Pieters - all better than the guys doing the same job in the Man City side

Dribble said:
Marvin said:
allan harper said:
That was a shit performance,again. Mansour will be asking where his £100 million as gone, it's not been seen since it left his wallet.
Half of it is in the treatment room whilst the other makes its debut at Stoke.

I think he'll understand. It's not that hard
Football is a squad game and taking that into consideration how many of Stoke's squad would have made it into yesterday's team?

None! Irrespective of who we had injured man for man we were still stronger than Stoke so injuries is not an excuse in my book.

We've looked woefully inept since pre-season and I see nothing that gives me confidence that anything is going to change soon. As I predicted when the Cabal started the Mancini out campaign on his appointment, whoever the next manager would be it would descend into a ex manager v current manager debacle and this has been the case. Mancini, love him or hate him has gone so we have to work with and settle for what we have.

The fact is that Pellegrini has got a CV of not winning a major trophy in Europe BUT one where he gets his teams to punch well above their weight. It makes sense that if you give him the tools, in time he will bring success, but time isn't a luxury we have.

It's too early to start carping on about success when the season is only 4 games old and I believe Pellegrini is the man to take us forward, but please nobody tell me not to be worried about our performances so far citing injuries as an excuse. We've got a SQUAD to match anyones so with injuries, suspensions and loss of form taken into account, our performances should be far superior to what we've seen so far.

Worried? Yoiu're dead right I'm fucking worried!
I disagree with this notion. Nzonzi would be a better fit in our sqaud than any CM not named Yaya. I'd take him at CM over Dihno, Milner, Garcia or Rodwell/ Saw him last year and wondered why we weren't in for him. Him and Huddlestone are 2 deep lying playmakers that would walk in our squad and earn a squad spot. And They play at lowly Stoke and Hull. There are lots of players in lowly clubs who are superior to some of our players. Shawcrozz for exmple is a better footballer than Lescott, Garcia and Nastasic. Just coz we paid 24, 17 and for those 3 don't make them better.

This is not an ex manager v current manager observation. But there is no way teams like Hull, Stoke and Cardiff would have dominated us to the extent we have seen this season. Last season the lesser teams parked the bus but we totally overplayed them - most of the time. This season we look totally dis jointed in defence. . i.e conceding decent chances for the opposition. . Our midfield can't seen to hold onto to the ball or provide the forwards with key passes. . And our forward play lacks any cutting edge. A positive we can take is that we have got 7 points and in all honesty we could have no arguments if we had only managed 3 points on the board - then the Shit would have hit the fan! One observation to when Mancini took over is that you could see a massive improvement within the team after only half a dozen games or so whereas Mr Pellegrinis team looks all over the place at the minute. This can't be down to losing just one KEY player. Manure lost Vidic last season at the start to a long term injury and they coped. I'll reserve my judgement until after the Derby at least, cos if the players can't get themselves up for that game then I think we are in for a long season ahead of us.

deliasmith said:

None!

Begovich, Huth, Shawcross, N'Zonzi, Pieters - all better than the guys doing the same job in the Man City side
Begovic is good, but he's not better than hart. Huth and Shawcross, I'll give you that given we had a makeshift defence

Stoke had a limited objective and set out to harry and close us down. They did it well and we couldn't respond. We weren't really a team, and it's obvious why. But player for player our squad is one of the best in Europe. We just need to get them fit, get them on the pitch, and give them time to gel.

Saturday's morning papers went on about Ozil, Eto'o and Eriksen making their debuts, but we also had Jovetic making their debut, and Negredo making his first full start. And that in a side which was missing half a team.

Only a fool would make a judgement on the back of that match

I am much more uncomfortable about the Hull game. That for me I can't explain.

I am confident we'll get it right

deliasmith said:

None!

Take it you're expecting Champions League qualification then since about half of your team are better than half of ours?

daxman said:
I disagree with this notion. Nzonzi would be a better fit in our sqaud than any CM not named Yaya. I'd take him at CM over Dihno, Milner, Garcia or Rodwell/ Saw him last year and wondered why we weren't in for him. Him and Huddlestone are 2 deep lying playmakers that would walk in our squad and earn a squad spot. And They play at lowly Stoke and Hull. There are lots of players in lowly clubs who are superior to some of our players. Shawcrozz for exmple is a better footballer than Lescott, Garcia and Nastasic. Just coz we paid 24, 17 and for those 3 don't make them better.

I just fell of my seat laughing so hard at that!

Jesus, that's made my night...

deliasmith said:

None!

On the day even I could be better than Messi, but I'm assessing their talent over a period of time not just on one game.

I suppose if you take Garcia into account you may have a point and as pointed out just becuase we paid over the odds for Lescott, Kolorov, Garcia doesn't make them better players, but without getting into semantics and Garcia apart, I still wouldn't swap any of their lot for ours.

We played well below the standard we expected and I don't buy into the excuse that it's because we're missing a couple of players due to injury. Also I must have missed the stampede of clubs beating a path to Stoke's door for N'Zonzi, Huth and Shawcross.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.