Stop the world i want to get off moment

Don’t vote you’re part of the problem ,not the sloution.

Nonsense. That's pie in the sky thinking.

The UK electoral system effectively (very efficiently) ensures that the vast majority of voters are wasting their time. Proportional representation isn't much better, but it's at least aimed at a fairer outcome.

Politics is corrupt at every level. Self-interest will always outweigh the wider interest.

Nonsense. That's pie in the sky thinking.

The UK electoral system effectively (very efficiently) ensures that the vast majority of voters are wasting their time. Proportional representation isn't much better, but it's at least aimed at a fairer outcome.

Politics is corrupt at every level. Self-interest will always outweigh the wider interest.
So how is not voting helping, you have a choice of who governs, a choice that makes a difference to how you’re governed. Don’t say it’s all the same that’s a lazy cop out. They aren’t, there are differences.
Nobody will do all you want but some are better than others and that choice makes a difference to peoples lives.
Not voting at best achieves nothing at worst ruins peoples lives by delivering the worst governments.
If all those not voting, don’t know the figures, voted for parties supporting PR, we might have a chance of getting PR. We almost did once but most didn’t bother voting in that referendum. Maybe if non voters had voted we wouldn’t have Brexit fucking people up that’s what not voting does.

I could give you hundreds, perhaps thousands of reasons why voting is a waste of time and effort for 90% of the electorate.
The system is grossly unfair and needs to be changed.
I always vote in GEs. My preferred candidate has never won. Tory majority 20,000.

So how is not voting helping, you have a choice of who governs, a choice that makes a difference to how you’re governed. Don’t say it’s all the same that’s a lazy cop out. They aren’t, there are differences.
Nobody will do all you want but some are better than others and that choice makes a difference to peoples lives.
Not voting at best achieves nothing at worst ruins peoples lives by delivering the worst governments.
If all those not voting, don’t know the figures, voted for parties supporting PR, we might have a chance of getting PR. We almost did once but most didn’t bother voting in that referendum. Maybe if non voters had voted we wouldn’t have Brexit fucking people up that’s what not voting does.
I agree in principle but in this Country if you are voting for Lab/Con these days you are just voting for “2 cheeks of the same Backside” -that’s the popular view and not just George Galloway

My old man used to sit on the committee at the Woodhouse Park Labour Club. Like the rest of the committee, he wasn’t particularly politically charged, it was that their meetings were 11am on a Sunday morning I.e 1 hour before the usual opening hours.

When Trump was last in power. We had Trump, a lying narcissist, Johnson, a lying buffoon, Putin, a lying psycho and many others around the world.
The human race is going nowhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.