Stupid little things that bug you

I'm at a pedestrian crossing, I've pressed the button and waiting for the lights to change.
Along come some prat, they can see the panel all lit up but press the button anyway. Do they imagine I just stand at the crossing and hope a car will stop?
Then there's the bloke who thinks pressing button a dozen times in rapid succession will change the lights any quicker!

I'm at a pedestrian crossing, I've pressed the button and waiting for the lights to change.
Along come some prat, they can see the panel all lit up but press the button anyway. Do they imagine I just stand at the crossing and hope a car will stop?
Then there's the bloke who thinks pressing button a dozen times in rapid succession will change the lights any quicker!
Yep, a definite candidate for most annoying fuckwits out there.

What about when you're crossing a busy road where there is no crossing, so you hurry across but the can tell that that twat in the distance on the far side is speeding up to give you stress when you're half way.

When did they stop being Chemists and decided that had to have a dead clever name ?

Edit: according to some snotty website, 1953.
Bollocks they were certainly called Chemist's in the 70's
You're dispensing false information Misto.

The Key Difference Between a Chemist and a Pharmacist....Pharmacists are trained in the field of pharmacy, where they can dispense medicinal drugs for varied medical requirements, while chemists study chemistry and are graduates with a degree in science with chemistry. Chemists conduct research with chemical substances.

You're dispensing false information Misto.

The Key Difference Between a Chemist and a Pharmacist....Pharmacists are trained in the field of pharmacy, where they can dispense medicinal drugs for varied medical requirements, while chemists study chemistry and are graduates with a degree in science with chemistry. Chemists conduct research with chemical substances.
I take objection to that slur on my character Walky.
Everyone in the U.K. called them Chemists back in the day. Not only did they dispense medicines they treated Varuccas.
The website I found stated they decided, in 1953, to phase out the name Chemist. Well no one told Abie Fields, who ran a Chemists on Church Road, Flixton. He treated my verruca in 1967.

Last edited:
I take objection to that slur on my character Walky.
Everyone in the U.K. called them Chemists back in the day. Not only did they dispense medicines they treated Varuccas.
The website I found stated that decided, in 1953, to phase out the name Chemist. Well no one told Abie Fields, who ran a Chemists on Church Road, Flixton. He treated my verruca in 1967.
Everyone calls them Chemists still don’t they?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.