Stupid little things that bug you

It should be Team GB & Northern Ireland & British Crown Dependencies.
I believe that used to be the case, but most dependencies seem to have set up sport on their own. When Cavendish won an Olympic medal in cycling, which country was he representing?

I spend a considerable amount in various pubs, and it had never once occurred to me in all that time to check where the sockets are.
I am in agreement with you Mr Ball and I would go one step further, I have never had to charge my phone in a pub. I suppose most pubs have plugs for the cleaners but the ones I go in they just use a mop and bucket.

Last edited:
I believe that used to be the case, but most dependencies seem to have set up sport on their own. When Cavendish won an Olympic medal in cycling, which country was he representing?
GB & NI. He represented IoM at the Commonwealth.

British Overseas Territories athletes are more complicated. British Virgin Islands do compete at the Olympics as BVI but Gibraltar are blocked by Spain (& Rodri) and some others such as Turks & Caicos just choose to be part of Team GB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.